Attending November Window in Edmonton

Club Linesman

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

The death of the U of T project had nothing to do with the Argos or MLSE, it basically was changed when their president, Robert Birgeneau left to become the chancellor at Berkley. His successor felt it was in the best interest to develop a stadium project that would be in the best interest of the schools population at large not a pro football team or soccer., thus the Varsity Centre was built. 

Not to keep derailing this thread, but I never wrote that the death of the U of T project had anything to do with the Argos or MLSE. 

Anyway, that topic diversion has run its course.

8 hours ago, RS said:

It would have but were some of my posts deleted?  AFAIR I posted a perfectly fair piece of evidence showing the Wembley groundskeeper saying soccer was harder on turf than football. Why was that deleted and the other guys abuse gets to stay?  I'm a big boy I don't care what he says (fourth time by the way recently for the abusive language) but I'm surprised abusive language gets to stay and facts get deleted.  I know it goes against certain TFC fan's agenda but really, deleting evidence and keeping abuse?

BTW when flame wars stop between the participants, and they always do, people shouldn't start posting for them to stop when they're already over.  Also this thread was derailed by posts long before I ever got into it (check out the thread), I just had enough hearing the other side and decided to get into it.

This wasn't aimed at you Rudi

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

42 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

It would have but were some of my posts deleted?  AFAIR I posted a perfectly fair piece of evidence showing the Wembley groundskeeper saying soccer was harder on turf than football. Why was that deleted and the other guys abuse gets to stay?  I'm a big boy I don't care what he says (fourth time by the way recently for the abusive language) but I'm surprised abusive language gets to stay and facts get deleted.  I know it goes against certain TFC fan's agenda but really, deleting evidence and keeping abuse?

BTW when flame wars stop between the participants, and they always do, people shouldn't start posting for them to stop when they're already over.  Also this thread was derailed by posts long before I ever got into it (check out the thread), I just had enough hearing the other side and decided to get into it.

This wasn't aimed at you Rudi

You of all people shouldn't be complaining about other posters using abusive language. Pot, kettle,etc.

I could share articles of actual players who played at BMO Field complaining about the surface. I would respect their opinion on the matter way more than the biased grounds keeper from Wembley.

You are not from Toronto so of course you don't give a shit about it.

Edited by narduch

When have I used abusive language?  I don't think the fact that I roast you in "debate" everytime we post is equivalent to the name calling that you do with me and others.  I don't mind if that's the best you can do, I'm used to it.

The fact that you would defame the head groundskeeper of likely the most important piece of turf on the planet speaks volumes (this got deleted), all because you can't take something your people tried to manipulate, that should never have happened in the first place, and finally went back to the way it was originally intended.  The city owns BMO not TFC, it's really simple.

Mods feel free to move all the posts here but there's more posts than me and Narduch (the posts started a lot earlier than me and him)

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

3 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

When have I used abusive language?  I don't think the fact that I roast you in "debate" everytime we post is equivalent to the name calling that you do with me and others.  I don't mind if that's the best you can do, I'm used to it.

The fact that you would defame the head groundskeeper of likely the most important piece of turf on the planet speaks volumes (this got deleted), all because you can't take something your people tried to manipulate, that should never have happened in the first place, and finally went back to the way it was originally intended.  The city owns BMO not TFC, it's really simple.

You did in the past when the mods should have banned you from this forum back during the Argos to BMO days. Its disgusting the way the mods back then allowed you to get away with the shit you did back then. Robert levels of disgustingness.

Anyways, you are biased because you like the CFL. You don't really care about the affect the Argos playing on the surface have on either TFC or the Canadian national teams. You have major cognitive dissonance on this issue.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

You did in the past when the mods should have banned you from this forum back during the Argos to BMO days. Its disgusting the way the mods back then allowed you to get away with the shit you did back then. Robert levels of disgustingness.

Anyways, you are biased because you like the CFL. You don't really care about the affect the Argos playing on the surface have on either TFC or the Canadian national teams. You have major cognitive dissonance on this issue.

You keep saying that but where's the proof, it's not my style it's yours.  In fact, you were called out about it by others as being a hypocrite for doing it. 

What about the effect TFC have on the Argos as it's proven soccer is more harmful than football to the turf.  Either way if the scheduling was ok there wouldn't be a problem.  I don't recall any non zealot fans posting about issues last year.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

4 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

You keep saying that but where's the proof, it's not my style it's yours.  In fact, you were called out about it by others as being a hypocrite for doing it. 

What about the effect TFC have on the Argos as it's proven soccer is more harmful than football to the turf.  Either way if the scheduling was ok there wouldn't be a problem.  I don't recall any non zealot fans posting about issues last year.

I am not going to go back to re-read those threads. Sorry.

I was so tired of your abuse that I quit the forum for years and only really started to care again with the advent of the CPL. Which brought back my excitement for the game again.

4 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Just saying what I said above, the off track posts started long before me, posts were deleted without any notice and abusive language was allowed.  Since when, have Vs started banning?  Not a good sign.  Peace out.

This is not a V's forum. but if this type of language (not limited to yourself) was on the V's Forum, people would be banned and membership revoked much quicker.

Looks like a healthy contingent of V’s heading into Edmonton from both east and west for at least one of the games. And hopefully for the FC Edmonton vs Forge game on the Saturday.  I know a formal get together is in doubt at this time.  If we can’t organize one it would be fantastic if someone from there could recommend a large watering hole we could all descend upon for the pregame and thereby have an unofficial official tailgate heading into the games! 
I am also wondering if we should pick a section at Clarke and have the V’s stagger in to the sand section at Clarke the following day.  Just a thought for the group.  Allez Les Rouges!

8 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Looks like a healthy contingent of V’s heading into Edmonton from both east and west for at least one of the games. And hopefully for the FC Edmonton vs Forge game on the Saturday.  I know a formal get together is in doubt at this time.  If we can’t organize one it would be fantastic if someone from there could recommend a large watering hole we could all descend upon for the pregame and thereby have an unofficial official tailgate heading into the games! 
I am also wondering if we should pick a section at Clarke and have the V’s stagger in to the sand section at Clarke the following day.  Just a thought for the group.  Allez Les Rouges!

It would’ve been perfect if the game was the Thursday night for an impromptu rehearsal in the stands. 

10 hours ago, RS said:

Not to keep derailing this thread, but I never wrote that the death of the U of T project had anything to do with the Argos or MLSE. 

Moving on, so 4-6 points out of Edmonton is the goal and certainly doable. Bring it on !

1 hour ago, admin said:

For fuck sakes. I literally took three years off of this forum because of all this endless bullshit. And yeah, thread derailing bullshit will be deleted now.

I apologize, I did not intend to initiate another battle about the argos at BMO several pages back when I made what I thought was an innocuous comment about the availability of said facility, I also mentioned I am excited to be going to Edmonton, once again I am sorry it was not my intention to stoke the simmering embers of past nasty debate!

10 minutes ago, gator said:

I apologize, I did not intend to initiate another battle about the argos at BMO several pages back when I made what I thought was an innocuous comment about the availability of said facility, I also mentioned I am excited to be going to Edmonton, once again I am sorry it was not my intention to stoke the simmering embers of past nasty debate!

All good..  Off topic for a few posts...no problem at all.  Personal attacks cross the line. 

1 hour ago, David Pinto said:

Have a hotel booked but no flights yet... how easy is it to get from downtown to the stadium? Ive never been to edmonton before. 

From the holiday inn in downtown it’s 3 km. If the weather is “good” and the watering hole is between I am hoping to enjoy a nice stroll.  As indicated there are other relatively inexpensive options to get from downtown to Commonwealth or Clarke.