Attending November Window in Edmonton

Club Linesman

19 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just booked my airfare from the 12th to 17th.  That’s 3 games in 6 days.   Woohoo!

Someone at this point should be contacting FCE for a Vs group rate with so many in town looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon, it could probably sell them a bunch of tickets, something they would very much appreciate. 

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

Someone at this point should be contacting FCE for a Vs group rate with so many in town looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon, it could probably sell them a bunch of tickets, something they would very much appreciate. 

Make it an event, will look into doing that.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Special edition Voyageurs gear for our trip to Edmonton.  

On sale soon

jacket.jpg

Seriously though - I am open to suggestions re how to layer.   Right now I am thinking long sleeve base layer, t-shirt, CNMT jersey, CSA Lycra layer, patched up plaid shirt.   No idea if that will stand up to an Edmonton November evening so I may have to supplement with anti-freeze.  

EDIT: and red Canada toque.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Seriously though - I am open to suggestions re how to layer.   Right now I am thinking long sleeve base layer, t-shirt, CNMT jersey, CSA Lycra layer, patched up plaid shirt.   No idea if that will stand up to an Edmonton November evening so I may have to supplement with anti-freeze.  

Nah, you just go full Eli. 

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I haven’t been able to go to a home game yet for this WCQ process - what are ticket prices like (and what do we expect them to be for Edmonton)?  

I am going to stay with friends out there so will wrangle them into coming as well.  

tickets for our section are $30.  I'm expect that they will/should be the same price for the V's but only @rob.notenboom or @admin can confirm that. 

Edited by Shway

1 hour ago, Shway said:

tickets for our section are $30.  I'm expect that they will/should be the same price for the V's but only @rob.notenboom or @admin can confirm that. 

I’m almost certain the Vs section will be priced the same or very close to what we paid for Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. 

We haven’t gotten news on tickets for Edmonton yet, and I don’t think we will for at least a week … maybe more. 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Coldest event I’ve been to was the Heritage Classic at McMahon Stadium. Layers are key, along with keeping your feet warm and dry vs the concrete. 
Long base, tshirt, jersey, sweater, and winter coat. Long johns and ski pants. Good boots and two layers of socks. Toque, mitts, and obviously a Vs scarf!

2 minutes ago, chalms04 said:

Coldest event I’ve been to was the Heritage Classic at McMahon Stadium. Layers are key, along with keeping your feet warm and dry vs the concrete. 
Long base, tshirt, jersey, sweater, and winter coat. Long johns and ski pants. Good boots and two layers of socks. Toque, mitts, and obviously a Vs scarf!

holy fack...did you just describe watching a game or going ice fishing. What am I getting myself into lol

edit: Assuming that game was in 2011 in February, which is probably the peak of winter there no?

Edited by Shway

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

holy fack...did you just describe watching a game or going ice fishing. What am I getting myself into lol

Haha, granted I wasn’t cheering for a full 90 there. Booze and body heat will be in abundance for sure. 

Edit: yes, 2011 in Feb. 

Edited by chalms04

2 hours ago, chalms04 said:

Haha, granted I wasn’t cheering for a full 90 there. Booze and body heat will be in abundance for sure. 

Edit: yes, 2011 in Feb. 

Years ago, my dad used to horse syringe vodka into oranges for consumption at the currently-known-as-Elks CFL games late in the season.

I share that for entertainment purposes only.

26 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Here you go, you can order it through the Canada Soccer Nike online store.

https://www.canadasoccerstore.com/en/

I've been there already.   They only have smalls and mediums.  I used to fit a medium but I'm old and fatter now.  I need a large!  Is there no where else to buy a Jersey.  Anyone know often additional supply comes on-line?

Edited by prairiecanuck

17 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

Anyone from Montreal travelling for the November 12th game? Airfare has jumped by 200$ as of yesterday! WTF

Flights from Toronto saw a jump too, could be that we are now within a month of the date. They will take advantage of the last minute booker.