Attending November Window in Edmonton

Club Linesman

3 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Looks like a healthy contingent of V’s heading into Edmonton from both east and west for at least one of the games. 

Apologies in advance to any flight attendants taking us to Edmonton. By the end of the flight they will have an unwanted (maybe wanted) knowledge of all things CONCACAF, CPL and how Swoop, WestJet and AC should consider adding flights to Doha next year. 

10 hours ago, narduch said:

Anyways, you are biased because you like the CFL. You don't really care about the affect the Argos playing on the surface have on either TFC or the Canadian national teams. You have major cognitive dissonance on this issue.

Actually.  I dont think he even follows the CFL.  He is using it as tool to troll soccer fans. Specifically soccer fans in the GTA.

Edited by Free kick

Hello,

This is my first post here. I live in Edmonton and I will be attending both games in November. Do you know where I order tickets? 

I attended the women's world cup games in 2015 but the last Men's National Team game I attended was Canada vs Iran back in 1999. I started following the team again due to Alphonso Davies and now its clearly time for me to show my support.  Would love to meet up with some of you guys.

1 hour ago, Modax said:

Hello,

This is my first post here. I live in Edmonton and I will be attending both games in November. Do you know where I order tickets? 

I attended the women's world cup games in 2015 but the last Men's National Team game I attended was Canada vs Iran back in 1999. I started following the team again due to Alphonso Davies and now its clearly time for me to show my support.  Would love to meet up with some of you guys.

Tickets are not on sale yet and won’t be for at least a few more weeks.  You should check the Canada Soccer website for news or you can join the Voyageurs supporters group where you will meet people from across Canada and be able to buy tickets in the supporters area: https://www.thevoyageurs.org.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Surprised these aren't on sale yet. The current window would be a great time to advertise this

Absolutely, using this window to sell the game , build up the hype. In my mind they should have them on sale by Wednesday, peak the interest and start the process of selling out Commonwealth Stadium. With a good amount of tickets to sell they should also hit up every youth soccer club between Edmonton and Calgary with a group deal. Get the ball rolling on this, you CSA. 

Swoop has changed both my arriving and departing flights, I now get in earlier on the Thursday which is great if there will be a V's meet up, not leaving now until the Sunday which will be better since I am attending the Forge match on Saturday and it would have been a mad dash to the airport! Has anyone had much experience with these discount airlines, is this likely to change again?

43 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Me last night:

”Yeah,  the next two games are in Edmonton”

My wife:

”I am surprised you aren’t trying to go”

Me:

”Unfortunately , it is pretty expensive and the cheap flight just don’t line up”

My wife:

“Well, you could use Aeroplan points”

Me:

”Hmmm…”

You do have to like her line of thinking with your best interest at hear (  :

Not sure how many of the Edmonton V's are still active around these parts, but I am more than happy to assist with any questions/recommendations etc. Feel free to shoot me a DM. 

I'd love to show you guys around/have beers into the wee hours but my wife and I are expecting our first little Voyageur in the next 10 days, so I will probably be out for a lot of the extra curriculars around the matches.