Attending November Window in Edmonton

Club Linesman

1 minute ago, rob.notenboom said:

Just a heads up … the Professional Bull Riders Association Canada national finals are on at Rogers Place in Edmonton on Nov 12/13. So weekend downtown accommodation might start to get limited and might get more expensive quickly. 

That will have an effect on accommodations for sure. For anyone in Edmonton for both games, attending the rodeo on the 13th would be something I would seriously consider, it will be a blast. 

17 minutes ago, Cblake said:

There is www.redarrow.ca, its a bus line. It is about 3-3.5 hour trip. 

https://www.redarrow.ca/trip/select-trip

That one,  i did find.  But it seemed pricey.  It seemed like an airport service that happens to do intercity service as well.   I was thinking something along the lines of Greyhound or megabus.  I would like to try to use this trip as way to also try x country skiing in Canmore.

Just now, Free kick said:

That one,  i did find.  But it seemed pricey.  It seemed like an airport service that happens to do intercity service as well.   I was thinking something along the lines of Greyhound or megabus.  I would like to try to use this trip as way to also try x country skiing in Canmore.

I think since the closure of Greyhound, different bus lines have been trying to fill in the gaps here and there but at this point its far from perfect. Price being one of them, Mega Bus here in Ontario is way up. 

25 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

Am trying to also include the Forge/FC Edmonton game that just announced moves to the Saturday 

I am sure FCE could see some sort of uptick in sales for this match with so many CDN supporters in town for the match the night before and a few days later. Hopefully figure this out and take advantage of it. 

26 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I am sure FCE could see some sort of uptick in sales for this match with so many CDN supporters in town for the match the night before and a few days later. Hopefully figure this out and take advantage of it. 

An uptick to what, 1000? FC Edmonton games are an absolutely terrible experience. Unless you're a Forge supporter looking to sneak in an away day you likely wouldn't do on its own, I dont see much reason to catch this match.

1 hour ago, Markoaleks said:

Am trying to also include the Forge/FC Edmonton game that just announced moves to the Saturday 

I wish I knew this before I booked yesterday, my return flight is at 3:50 pm so that won't work, I would really like to catch  a Forge away match while I am there, might have to eat the cost of the original booking!

I am going to keep my original booking, the match should end by 2, an hour should be reasonable to uber to airport from Clarke stadium, anyone who knows the city better have thoughts on this?

Edited by gator

10 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

Gator

i lived in Edmonton many years ago and that timing should work - you may have to leave at 75 mins but you should be good with your plan

He will have more than enough time to get out to the airport. Just have an Uber ready and get out of there. 

2 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Assuming you don’t hit any snags, driving time is about 40min. 

65ABA757-720B-4C3B-932E-4179CFAAC82E.jpeg

More than enough time to get out there. As long as you are there at least an hour before your flight it will be all good. 

9 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

This might be a pipe dream, but if there's enough interest what's the chances of arranging a plane of V's to and from one or both matches from the centre of the universe?

I have a friend who is a jet pilot, I inquired about flying a bunch of us to Cuba, it is crazy expensive!

1 hour ago, gator said:

This is great news because besides eating the cost of my original flight home I would have had to Uber when I got to the Hammer if I took a later flight, a win win situation, thanks for the advice all!

Absolutely, enjoy both games Will make for a great trip.