Voyageurs Tickets (September 2 & 8 at BMO Field)

JamboAl

5 hours ago, admin said:

The total number of people in the stadium includes players, staff and media.  

Not sure what that adds up to, but it will be less than the 15K allowed wrt to people buying tickets.

The Blue Jays have the same capacity of 15K right now and their attendance last night was 14,406. It gives you an idea on how many staff of all types, players, coaches, umpires,  police, media etc fill out the rest of the allowed capacity. 

9 hours ago, Cblake said:

The Blue Jays have the same capacity of 15K right now and their attendance last night was 14,406. It gives you an idea on how many staff of all types, players, coaches, umpires,  police, media etc fill out the rest of the allowed capacity. 

Are we sure this is the case? 15k applies to staff as well?

August 22nd blue jays attendance was 14,865. 

August 26 was 14,958

37 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Are we sure this is the case? 15k applies to staff as well?

August 22nd blue jays attendance was 14,865. 

August 26 was 14,958

Maybe it does not exactly sure on how it is calculated. The previous post got me thinking and I looked at the night before. BMO for Thursday night has lots of seats available for Thursday, especially up in the upper deck on the east side. 

Edited by Cblake

There are conflicting reports with the Jays.  I've seen comments that its 15K fans, 15K total, that the Jays hold back some seats in case people are uncomfortable sitting in the non-socially distanced sections etc

I doubt we're selling out the upper east side for Thursday, at this point selling out the west and getting 13.5K or so would be a win imo

29 minutes ago, Drew Milan said:

Been trying for days to get tickets for Wed. game. Passcode not working and ticketmaster rep had same issue with it when I spoke with someone. Looking for some assistance.  Thanks

The passcode only worked if you used the direct link.  Were you going to TicketMaster on your own and putting it in that way?

That's the only reason I can see it not working.

3 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

The passcode only worked if you used the direct link.  Were you going to TicketMaster on your own and putting it in that way?

That's the only reason I can see it not working.

I did it both ways and even tried the rep at TM on Friday. Everything was good for Thursday game. Found out I was available for this game well after I purchased first game.

9 hours ago, Drew Milan said:

I did it both ways and even tried the rep at TM on Friday. Everything was good for Thursday game. Found out I was available for this game well after I purchased first game.

Try the ticket exchange. 

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/forum/44-ticket-exchange/

Also I would periodically check Ticketmaster. Tickets often get released last minute. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

I just bought an MBA online.

It tells me that since there are tickets for sale on SH for $400 we have grossly undervalued our core value market blah blah.

Voyageurs Tickets in October will start at $375

Just because people are listing tickets for those prices doesn't mean people are buying them at those prices😃....I have a sneaking suspicion that those numbers will come down a "smidge" before game time.  I am thrilled with the new found interest in the National Team (I am an "oldie" and remember being at Varsity Stadium in 1993, when they lost to Mexico with a chance to make the 94 World Cup) -- but as with most things Toronto, this has taken on a life of its own, and is the hot ticket for this week/month.  Will it be sustained for playing Panama in October (probably) if the team starts to underachieve, and will it be sustainable into next year and beyond if they fail to qualify - unfortunately the market tends to be fickle with sports in this town (except for the Leafs who are relatively bullet-proof) depending on which team is playing well and has captured the excitement of those outside of the usual attendees.  It happened with the Jays in 2015 -2016 (after 20 or so years in the wilderness since 1994) and by 2018-2019 when it was no longer "cool", it was back to being dead again at the dome -- now the Jays are on the upswing and people are talking baseball again ---  Toronto FC isn't a hot ticket anymore either based on present results - in 2016-2017 it was the hottest ticket in town, and now, not so much.

I hope this group reaches their potential and qualifies for the WC as it's been a long time coming for a lot of long time suffering fans of local soccer -- they are a very talented group and now the results need to match their potential --- but the third game of the WCQ round being a $300-$400 ticket?!.....it's not reality (maybe if it was the last game or two of the Octo and a win clinched a spot in the WC then maybe).....I am sure you will be able to find a ticket a lot cheaper than that for tomorrow once the game rolls around. 

10 minutes ago, Team Canada said:

Just because people are listing tickets for those prices doesn't mean people are buying them at those prices😃....I have a sneaking suspicion that those numbers will come down a "smidge" before game time.  I am thrilled with the new found interest in the National Team (I am an "oldie" and remember being at Varsity Stadium in 1993, when they lost to Mexico with a chance to make the 94 World Cup) -- but as with most things Toronto, this has taken on a life of its own, and is the hot ticket for this week/month.  Will it be sustained for playing Panama in October (probably) if the team starts to underachieve, and will it be sustainable into next year and beyond if they fail to qualify - unfortunately the market tends to be fickle with sports in this town (except for the Leafs who are relatively bullet-proof) depending on which team is playing well and has captured the excitement of those outside of the usual attendees.  It happened with the Jays in 2015 -2016 (after 20 or so years in the wilderness since 1994) and by 2018-2019 when it was no longer "cool", it was back to being dead again at the dome -- now the Jays are on the upswing and people are talking baseball again ---  Toronto FC isn't a hot ticket anymore either based on present results - in 2016-2017 it was the hottest ticket in town, and now, not so much.

I hope this group reaches their potential and qualifies for the WC as it's been a long time coming for a lot of long time suffering fans of local soccer -- they are a very talented group and now the results need to match their potential --- but the third game of the WCQ round being a $300-$400 ticket?!.....it's not reality (maybe if it was the last game or two of the Octo and a win clinched a spot in the WC then maybe).....I am sure you will be able to find a ticket a lot cheaper than that for tomorrow once the game rolls around. 

Don't contradict my MBA.

I ordered from a very reputable website.

9 minutes ago, Team Canada said:

I really view anyone posting tickets at that price as a fishing exercise, seeing what the market may bear. 

I have an MBA and I think the pricing on these tickets were found out to be right and in fact, could be slightly higher.  What I’m truly offended by is that if you are a Voyageur and sell tickets to an away fan, you are taking advantage of the group and being a “Judas”. 

And worse still, if an away fan buys a ticket not knowing better, they better not be showing off their colours cause it could be a very expensive, unpleasant experience.  

I truly hope there aren't ES supporters in the South Stands, that might not work out too well, is there actually a security directive to prevent this because if there isn't there should be? I remember a bunch of Peru fans had scooped up some cheaper supporters tickets in the South Stands and tried to carry on waving flags and stuff, of course there was some trouble and that was for a friendly many years ago, our support is stronger now and I'm sure some will be less tolerant! Btw, that was the last home loss I attended at BMO!

1 hour ago, gator said:

I truly hope there aren't ES supporters in the South Stands, that might not work out too well, is there actually a security directive to prevent this because if there isn't there should be? I remember a bunch of Peru fans had scooped up some cheaper supporters tickets in the South Stands and tried to carry on waving flags and stuff, of course there was some trouble and that was for a friendly many years ago, our support is stronger now and I'm sure some will be less tolerant! Btw, that was the last home loss I attended at BMO!

Random fans of the away team at TFC games have simply been moved in the past who ended up with tickets in the south end. I am sure security has a plan in place to deal with such a situation even if the tempers are not up. Good to nip it in the but beforehand. 

• Admin unpinned this topic