Voyageurs Tickets (September 2 & 8 at BMO Field)

JamboAl

18 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I have an MBA and I think the pricing on these tickets were found out to be right and in fact, could be slightly higher.  What I’m truly offended by is that if you are a Voyageur and sell tickets to an away fan, you are taking advantage of the group and being a “Judas”. 

And worse still, if an away fan buys a ticket not knowing better, they better not be showing off their colours cause it could be a very expensive, unpleasant experience.  

I was always curious, if away supporters some how make it into the supporter section. Do we/you/Canada etc have the authority to boot them out? 

I hope so, but was never really sure?

Las week, my wife sat in 117 and said someone was wearing a Honduras jersey a few rows back. She said fans were going at him pretty good and he left on his own after 10 mins. 

Agree with @gator on this one and this is a fan base that needs a cage around their fields for home games. Hopefully BMO security has things in place and ready for this game. Could get spicy throughout the stadium as we saw with a fan and the men's team.

Edited by apbsmith

2 hours ago, apbsmith said:

I was always curious, if away supporters some how make it into the supporter section. Do we/you/Canada etc have the authority to boot them out? 

I hope so, but was never really sure?

Las week, my wife sat in 117 and said someone was wearing a Honduras jersey a few rows back. She said fans were going at him pretty good and he left on his own after 10 mins. 

Agree with @gator on this one and this is a fan base that needs a cage around their fields for home games. Hopefully BMO security has things in place and ready for this game. Could get spicy throughout the stadium as we saw with a fan and the men's team.

My understanding (and @admin will correct me if I’m wrong) is that in the south end of BMO Field, we can make security aware that there are away fans in our section and they generally politely move them, for their own safety.  To me, it almost seems like the CSA is responsible for crowd issue violations with FIFA/CONCACAF but actually have little control for it as Security is the responsibility of the stadium. 

In an ideal world, away supporters would only be in the section assigned to them but it would be practically impossible without putting in draconian measures (for Canada) of booting out any away fans not in their sections.  That would be a revolutionary concept here, and in the US.

Add to this is the balancing act of maximizing revenue while minimizing away support.  For tonight’s game, supporters would lose it if we gave an entire stand to the Salvadorans.  At the end of the day, that’s what it might equate to…

1 hour ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

A couple more popped up today.

Sec 116 Row 5 Seat 21.

Sec 117 Row 1 Seats 16,17

All up for just over 300 dollars per ticket.

Hope no one buys them, do not want anyone profiting from supporter tickets. Cheers

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

My understanding (and @admin will correct me if I’m wrong) is that in the south end of BMO Field, we can make security aware that there are away fans in our section and they generally politely move them, for their own safety.  To me, it almost seems like the CSA is responsible for crowd issue violations with FIFA/CONCACAF but actually have little control for it as Security is the responsibility of the stadium. 

In an ideal world, away supporters would only be in the section assigned to them but it would be practically impossible without putting in draconian measures (for Canada) of booting out any away fans not in their sections.  That would be a revolutionary concept here, and in the US.

Add to this is the balancing act of maximizing revenue while minimizing away support.  For tonight’s game, supporters would lose it if we gave an entire stand to the Salvadorans.  At the end of the day, that’s what it might equate to…

The American system fluctuates between baseball away fans, who are usually pretty polite (and there are some stadiums who just roll over and give in to the visiting team fans, like Seattle when the Jays go) to the away fan at a Philadelphia Eagles game, who leaves with rashes, seered body hair, smelling like mustard, and with possible PTSD going forward.

I personally don't like to see any visiting fans near where I am for any major team I support, with just a few exceptions. It even bothers me to have that section at BC Place visiting vs. Caps. In Spain, exceptions: I find Betis fans to be really pleasant, for example, they are dead hardcore serious but also very good-humoured. Real Sociedad fans are also class.

• Admin unpinned this topic