Canada-Haiti viewing events

spinrack

This thread is for announcing viewing events for the Canada-Haiti matches.

In Montreal, we will be gathering for both games at the usual location:

Bar Frappe
3900 Blvd St-Laurent.

A Facebook event is here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/363226371884627

The bar has a very large upstairs patio/terrace with many separated tables and plenty of room for social distancing.

Edited by spinrack

Wow the casedemic still raging around Canada. Watched the Euro game in a packed bar today and had a great time. Here's hoping the rest of Canada sorts things out in time for Gold Cup final viewing parties from Coast to Coast 

Bars out here are finally fully on board with DAZN now we have to go a back and explain Onesoccer. Not looking forward to that

Edited by SpursFlu

7 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

I work for this game, but for Game 2 Tuesday I wouldn't mind doing a Discord stream with anyone who can't go out yet! Could be fun?

My son was saying that dischord is way better than zoom or other meeting software for screen sharing.  Do you know if this is true?  Because the zoom screen share was choppy I ended up propping my laptop in front of the TV and using the webcam as my “zoom participant” to let my friend swatch the Suriname and Aruba games.  It seems like there must be a more elegant solution.  

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

My son was saying that dischord is way better than zoom or other meeting software for screen sharing.  Do you know if this is true?  Because the zoom screen share was choppy I ended up propping my laptop in front of the TV and using the webcam as my “zoom participant” to let my friend swatch the Suriname and Aruba games.  It seems like there must be a more elegant solution.  

Discord is pretty decent. It's only 30fps for free users, but my friends and I stream games to each other all the time. 

On 6/10/2021 at 4:27 PM, johnyb said:

Must be nice, Winnipeg still in Lockdown. 😪 Not even allowed outdoors.

Having read this, I can only hope that Mr Johny here hoped to clarify that large gatherings in Manitoba are not currently allowed, even outdoors. At no point in the pandemic has going outdoors been proscribed by the Manitoba government.

23 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Having read this, I can only hope that Mr Johny here hoped to clarify that large gatherings in Manitoba are not currently allowed, even outdoors. At no point in the pandemic has going outdoors been proscribed by the Manitoba government.

Correct, Not allowed to gather with anyone outside of your own household indoors or out. They have since modified it to 5 people outdoors. Still nothing indoors and Restaurant patios are still closed. 😪 Would have loved to be at Nicolino's tonight!