Atlético Ottawa 2020 Season

6 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I watched. Apart from the silly stuff about this Ollie's hair or Kurt's cooking, which drives me nuts, the interview was fairly efficient. López is smart and I think he shows how they will bring positives of all sorts to the league.

Surprising they are using the CPL scouting system, which he praised, so kudos to them. Then part of their own scouting. Good answers on the stadium not going to grass, with the other tenants, and if At Madrid comes for a friendly they are used to turf, playing Cup matches on it (I saw them play on field turf in an early Cup round in 2012). Says even the few days spent in Madrid were helpful.

There is an odd bit where he explains he was an athlete and was affiliated with FC Barcelona, that is because FCB has many sports sections, and one is a track and field team. He also says he played for At Madrid academy but was a bad player, which would not have been true, he was probably just not good enough, that is all.

The only question I missed hearing was if the current financial stress on the mother club will affect the At Ottawa project.

5 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Ottawa makes sense because besides Toronto, it is a huge market...in terms of business and population but also because Ottawa is just as much of a soccer city as Toronto is

The guy kind of rambles but English being a second language is probably the reason for that. 

When he was asked what the club will look like 10-20 years down the road, he just needed to say 20,000 plus supporters packed into TD Place on a bi-weekly basis. That's it. Not that long winded, disjointed description he went for. Visions have to be something they hope to attain in the future. I guess he kind of got that when he said something along the lines of to be on the same level as hockey and football but still.

Edited by Macksam

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Well he is not wrong because CanPL is a league practically for young footballers or it is predominantly. Although there are veteran players on certain teams but still a league filled with young players.