Atlético Ottawa 2020 Season

5 hours ago, Big_M said:

Or was it the thread I made in May with infos and videos...

The run at 1:23 of the first video is sick. Intercepts a pass and beats 4 defenders before placing a difficult pass on the foot of a teammate for the goal.

Excited to see what he can do for AO!

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I suspect that Kyle Walton, a defender with some L1O and NCAA experience, is also training / on trial with the team (as I've previously noted on the CPL discord, both de Brienne and Walton came onto my radar as mutuals with AO players on instagram. While this doesn't always mean something, it has resulted in at least 4 names emerging before the team announced their signings)

Edited by Viruk42

3 hours ago, Senorpopps said:

Does the new Instagram post insinuate that we have 6 more players coming in? That would make 21 - giving us a healthy number of players to start with

That is something we've speculated on in the CanPL discord, but we also made the mistake with the Malcolm Shaw announcement, thinking it was three different players. 

1 hour ago, Viruk42 said:

That is something we've speculated on in the CanPL discord, but we also made the mistake with the Malcolm Shaw announcement, thinking it was three different players. 

True, but the 3,2,1 countdown was a little more ambiguous in its meaning - many of us may had just chosen to believe what wishful thinking told us which was 3 different players. Having 6 different "arrival flights" is less ambiguous IMO and points to six different players, all from the respective cities shown on the board.

Edited by Senorpopps

1 hour ago, Senorpopps said:

True, but the 3,2,1 countdown was a little more ambiguous in its meaning - many of us may had just chosen to believe what wishful thinking told us which was 3 different players. Having 6 different "arrival flights" is less ambiguous IMO and points to six different players, all from the respective cities shown on the board.

Ya, that was my suggestion as well, that the 6 and the locations might equal the number of signings and their hometowns (or previous club, or birthplace, or something). Some agreed, others disagreed, and the Toronto delayed gives me pause - they're not going to publicly say that a specific player's signing was delayed, are they? That'd be weird, unless there was a good reason for it (maybe the player's season hasn't finished yet because of COVID? Like someone in the Championship, waiting for their contract to run out?)

48 minutes ago, Viruk42 said:

Ya, that was my suggestion as well, that the 6 and the locations might equal the number of signings and their hometowns (or previous club, or birthplace, or something). Some agreed, others disagreed, and the Toronto delayed gives me pause - they're not going to publicly say that a specific player's signing was delayed, are they? That'd be weird, unless there was a good reason for it (maybe the player's season hasn't finished yet because of COVID? Like someone in the Championship, waiting for their contract to run out?)

Assuming it's de Brienne it would be where they're playing currently. They would be really digging deep to find a guy who's actually from Fredericton, but there's six players from Ottawa playing for UNB this year (Ben-Orel Mugisha played for them last year, and Lars Gierull, Ryan Jetten, Luke Rosettani, Olivier Menard and Andrew Ward joined this year). As for Windsor, maybe Noah Pio?

On the other hand, the Toronto player being delayed would make sense if they were an overseas-based player from Toronto who had to wait to get back because of travel restrictions, like Simeon Jackson perhaps, particularly since listing their place of departure as Stevenage or even London might be a bit of a giveaway