Cavalry FC Season Thread 2020

19 hours ago, toontownman said:

Anywhere but Vancouver lol.

Brazil would be interesting at would Portugal. Depends on the team and league I guess. 

Barring a big move I hope he stays put for now. People were raving the same about abzi this time last year. Dont pile it on heavy yet imo. 

Brazil is a no for me. Unless he can speak Portuguese, then cool - I know he did an event with Neymar in Brasil a few years back, so that's a maybe.

I for one, was someone hyping up Abzi as I still think he has the quality. Farsi from what I've seen has shown he has a little bit more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I think with the money we are paying and the developmental aspect of the league we"ll see turn over like this more often than not.  

Agreed. They all know they need to buy and sell to break even while the fan base is built up.

1-2 sales a year can put them in the black, also its what the league is for.

Calgary is likely to collect fees for Zator, Camargo, Pasquiotti, Pepple and Farsi in the near future. 

Rollins said their ownership has huge ambitions, not just league wise but even worldwide. Hamilton may have 2 ships but Calgary is going to churn out players.

I wonder if they got a fee for Brown, but the league is meant to be a springboard, not the destination.

Really only raising an eyebrow at Mavila from that least. Only slightly as we have a lot of emerging fullbacks and like Brown I think the stop in Canada was just a temporary diversion from european football. 

Cordova was unlucky with injuries but on his wage when he did play he didnt knock anyone's socks off. 

I am generally happy with all of those departures as upgrades for each will put Calgary right back up there. 

38 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Nothing against the way he was playing , just thought that maybe he had found a job outside of playing soccer and was going to hang them up, for the reason he was leaving York 9 .

Its funny that some of the younger guys (Gasparato/Beaulieu) will hang it up and Dichiara keeps chuggin along.  

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Its funny that some of the younger guys (Gasparato/Beaulieu) will hang it up and Dichiara keeps chuggin along.  

Gasparotto left for a high paying job. I also wonder if he would have stuck around if York had made the finals and they didn't have so much turnover. Beaulieu was a back up and while I am not 100% his New Mexico profile said he was planning on majoring in Civil Engineering, another job I would expect would be high paying.

If players don't have those kind of options available to them, they are more likely to stick around longer.

3 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Gasparotto left for a high paying job. I also wonder if he would have stuck around if York had made the finals and they didn't have so much turnover. Beaulieu was a back up and while I am not 100% his New Mexico profile said he was planning on majoring in Civil Engineering, another job I would expect would be high paying.

If players don't have those kind of options available to them, they are more likely to stick around longer.

Well, just read Beaulieu is going to start a Masters in Engineering at the Polytheque, so even with just the first Civil degree and a bit of experience he'd make around 70 grand in Canada. Another thing is he's had a lot of injuries and has played little.

I don't think that making a low income is terrible if playing is your dream, and making a lower income even into your early 30s is not unusual, but if you are a back-up and have injuries it makes sense to focus in on other opportunities.