Cavalry FC Season Thread 2020

• 2 weeks later...

https://canpl.ca/article/wheeldon-jr-on-cavalry-fc-international-player-situation-were-crossing-our-fingers

More speculation time. 

"As the Canadian border remains closed, Cavalry coach Tommy Wheeldon Jr. has been forced, for the time being, to look elsewhere to fill out his roster, giving trials to some local teenage talent – and an unnamed Canadian men’s national team attacker – in training camp."

Marcus Haber?

Edited by downtownordinary

On 7/17/2020 at 9:41 AM, downtownordinary said:

"As the Canadian border remains closed, Cavalry coach Tommy Wheeldon Jr. has been forced, for the time being, to look elsewhere to fill out his roster, giving trials to some local teenage talent – and an unnamed Canadian men’s national team attacker – in training camp."

Marcus Haber?

Looks like it based on his two most recent Instagram posts.

45 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Good for Haber, I thought he was going to do well last year.  Maybe he can regain some of the old touch with Calgary.  AHHHH, what am i saying???  BOOOOO CALGARY!!!  

Now, now, be nice.  What did Calgary ever do to you? :)

I for one, would welcome this if it is true.  

Edited by Trois Reds

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Did you not see what Calgary did to Valour last year??  The horror......the horror.....

That was the only Cavalry game I didn't watch all of, actually.  At half I went out.  I think it was already 3-0 at that point, so I kind of knew it was over.

Don't worry, Cavalry probably won't get more than five if they get to play each other this year. 😉

Is Cordova still going to play for Cavalry or is he one of the new foreign CPL imports that are now released?

Huge disappointment if Haber is his replacement. If he is there to boost the squad I guess its ok. Absolutley not a fan. I thought he would have done well dropping down to the CPL but he still had a rough year.