Cavalry FC Season Thread 2020

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well, just read Beaulieu is going to start a Masters in Engineering at the Polytheque, so even with just the first Civil degree and a bit of experience he'd make around 70 grand in Canada to start. Another thing is he's had a lot of injuries and has played little.

I don't think that making a low income is terrible if playing is your dream, and making a lower income even into your early 30s is not unusual, but if you are a back-up and have injuries it makes sense to focus in on other opportunities.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't think that making a low income is terrible if playing is your dream, and making a lower income even into your early 30s is not unusual, but if you are a back-up and have injuries it makes sense to focus in on other opportunities.

Yes, I made a fairly low income into my mid to late 30's following my dream, but ended up in a very good financial situation on retirement, even with bringing up 5 children and taking a year of leave without pay in my 50s.  I did have a university degree to fall back on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 6:17 PM, Ansem said:

Big changes at Cavalry

Such a shame to see Nathan Mavila depart from CanPL, he really was a solid and dependable player, I would go as far as saying one of the best foreign players in the league.  Would love to see him get a chance with a League 1 or 2 club in England, as I think he could do well at that level... But maybe more chance of seeing him in the National League, unless he tries his luck elsewhere in world football.

On 12/17/2020 at 2:37 PM, Ansem said:

A model for young Canadians. Had a very respectable career overseas and then returns to become a staple contributor in his home league. And turning 36 next month he, like Hutch, is a good example of what you can do with great conditioning and a little luck over the years.

Congrats to Nik!