Sign in to follow this  
Club Linesman

Vancouver Whitecaps 2019 Season

Not fully sure MDS got his tactics right last night. I know he had to adjust for the personnel available, but we seemed very disconnected last night, and I think that is due, in part, to the fact that we seemed to be playing the radical 8-2 formation, with a huge gap between the back eight and Fredy and Lucas up front.  Midfield worked hard, but link up play was poor, we rushed passes, and we sat far too back. Energy levels were not nearly as high as they've been the past four our five games either. Many of the players need a rest, especially Adnan and Inbeom, and Reyna looked like he may have reinjured himself toward the end of the game.  

I keep saying this, but the team seems to be a few quality players short of a truly competitive team. They are growing under MDS, and I see some very good signs for the future--I think MDS can win in this league--but they are a bit thin on talent, especially those players who can hold the ball and move it intelligently. Inbeom has shows flashes of real quality, and I expect we'll see better from him after the break. Reyna, in my mind, is likely their best player. (I love Adnan, and he has all the tools to be the best left back in the league, but his cockiness gets him in trouble more often than I'd like.)  Reyna's insertion into the game had an instant impact. Worried that he is not 100% yet. I hope the next few weeks will give him plenty of time to get fully healed.

Curious to see if the Caps add a couple of pieces in July. 

Anyone know if Jasser Khmiri is alive? Still rehabbing? I literally had a eureka moment and remembered we signed him. looked like a nice addition to the squad when he was purchased.