MARTÍN AMUZ

bwilly11

44 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Comsia, Hakkinen, Legault, Amuz, Boskovic, Jakovic all potentially available for nothing.  Slightly depressing half the list were our high hopes for our CMNT CB future but plenty of time on their sides (Dejan aside 😛 ) Would be impressive if we can get a few of those into the CPL or hopefully back to an MLS team.

Is Comsia leaving? NCFC are just going down to USL1 so there will be a team this year.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Comsia, Hakkinen, Legault, Amuz, Boskovic, Jakovic all potentially available for nothing.  Slightly depressing half the list were our high hopes for our CMNT CB future but plenty of time on their sides (Dejan aside 😛 ) Would be impressive if we can get a few of those into the CPL or hopefully back to an MLS team.

dont forget straith, sturing, beckie, murrell lol, skyler thomas and mallan roberts. lots of cb's available for cpl teams.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

2nd Div Uruguay is probably on par with CPL, maybe slightly higher.

I followed the 2nd Div a few years back when Canadian SC was still a thing. Nicolas Galvis and Andres Fresenga were pretty average players on a bad team in the league.

I would suggest that it's similar to the CPL but with a larger disparity between top and bottom. The top teams might be similar level to some of the Central American opposition we see in early rounds of the CCL. The lower tier teams are probably closer to L10 level.

16 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I followed the 2nd Div a few years back when Canadian SC was still a thing. Nicolas Galvis and Andres Fresenga were pretty average players on a bad team in the league.

I would suggest that it's similar to the CPL but with a larger disparity between top and bottom. The top teams might be similar level to some of the Central American opposition we see in early rounds of the CCL. The lower tier teams are probably closer to L10 level.

How about first division, now that it seems that's where he will be playing. Comparable to MLS?

3 hours ago, johnyb said:

How about first division, now that it seems that's where he will be playing. Comparable to MLS?

Pretty similar to the MLS. There are a few historic clubs like Penarol and Nacional who have had continental success (Copa  Libertadores) and have combined for 25 of the past 30 league titles (Danubio and Defensor combine for the other 5).

It's pretty top heavy, and they have a midseason tournament that divides into upper and lower half groups. The teams at the top would be similar to the top tier teams in Liga MX, whereas the lower tier teams might be a bit lower level than FC Cincinnati. 

5 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Pretty similar to the MLS. There are a few historic clubs like Penarol and Nacional who have had continental success (Copa  Libertadores) and have combined for 25 of the past 30 league titles (Danubio and Defensor combine for the other 5).

It's pretty top heavy, and they have a midseason tournament that divides into upper and lower half groups. The teams at the top would be similar to the top tier teams in Liga MX, whereas the lower tier teams might be a bit lower level than FC Cincinnati. 

Liga MX is definitely better than Uruguay first tier. 

https://www.teamform.com/en/league-ranking/south-americ

It's ranked as the 7th best league in s.a behind serie b in Brazil. 

2 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Liga MX is definitely better than Uruguay first tier. 

https://www.teamform.com/en/league-ranking/south-americ

It's ranked as the 7th best league in s.a behind serie b in Brazil. 

I was referring to Penarol and Nacional being comparable to top Liga MX clubs. Both of which have won and been runners up in the Copa Libertadores on multiple occassions. Historically, they have been among the most successful clubs in all of South America.

As I said, the league is quite top heavy and the teams at the bottom of the table are quite a lower level.

8 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

I was referring to Penarol and Nacional being comparable to top Liga MX clubs. Both of which have won and been runners up in the Copa Libertadores on multiple occassions. Historically, they have been among the most successful clubs in all of South America.

As I said, the league is quite top heavy and the teams at the bottom of the table are quite a lower level.

I read about the average pay in Uruguay was something horrendous like 12k per year on average. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...