Jonathan David

Vince193

1 minute ago, sebdeserio said:

Is that his first pro hat trick? 3 confident finishes and top scorer in the league how incredibly lucky we are to have him in the program.

He had a hat trick for us vs Suriname and for Ghent against Sant Truiden in a 4-1 win.

The commentators on my broadcast dixit.  I didn't know .

He's subbed off after Lyon gets their 3-2 immediately after the David #3.

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anyone else think it is weird they would take him off after Lyon (again) pull back to within one?   I know he has done his bit for today but if they concede again you have just removed the guy who has demonstrably the best chance of bagging in another one.  

*cough*

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anyone else think it is weird they would take him off after Lyon (again) pull back to within one?   I know he has done his bit for today but if they concede again you have just removed the guy who has demonstrably the best chance of bagging in another one.  

And there you go lolol

Like I said Lille doing Lille things

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

Me, personally, if I was a smart businessman who owned a premier league team, I too would toss €165M at Paris for Mbappe which to me is a lot more reasonable than €40M for David. 

At this rate Lille will be asking upwards of 60M for David.

Just now, ob1 said:

I hate this team

Can't wait for David to move on.

I too look forward to David's next destination, but Lille has been pretty fun to watch this year, as long as you don't care too much about the results (which haven't been terrible tbf).

On 3/6/2023 at 5:01 PM, Kadenge said:

Osimhen is red hot and Napoli is top of table. It's going to be very difficult for David to catch him unless he starts  converting most of his chances moving forward. I would be thrilled if David could move into the top 5, but considering Lille's standings, 8th is amazing

This post didn't age well...😄

Lille has honestly not been that bad to watch this year. I think if you’re a fan of any player other than David, it’s not a great watch because their entire offense runs through him, but for us, you have like a 4/5 chance to tune in and watch him score a goal, and that’s been cool. I prefer them to Brugge, Celtic (Celtic is just playing FIFA with the difficulty sliders turned down), any MLS team, Valladolid, etc. 

though it will be good once he leaves for greener pastures. I’ll be heartbroken if we have to do this for another season.

47 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Lille has honestly not been that bad to watch this year. I think if you’re a fan of any player other than David, it’s not a great watch because their entire offense runs through him, but for us, you have like a 4/5 chance to tune in and watch him score a goal, and that’s been cool. I prefer them to Brugge, Celtic (Celtic is just playing FIFA with the difficulty sliders turned down), any MLS team, Valladolid, etc. 

though it will be good once he leaves for greener pastures. I’ll be heartbroken if we have to do this for another season.

I knew very little about La Liga other than the Atletico, RM and Barca but I quite enjoy watching the Valladolid games after Larin got on the team.  They're a relegation tier team but their quality of play is surprisingly good.  Technical quality of the players is excellent but lots of mental and tactical mistakes compared to higher placed teams.

This is shaping up to be one of the best season yet for a CONCACAF striker....

Lille 2022–23 Ligue 1 26 19

Let's check out a few comparisons (in no particular order)

Jozy Altidore 

AZ Eredivisie 33 23

Raul Jiminez 

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2019–20 Premier League 38 17

Clint Dempsey

Fulham Premier League 37 17

Chicharito 

Manchester United 2010–11 Premier League 27 13
Bayer Leverkusen 2015–16 Bundesliga 28 17

Carlos Vela

Real Sociedad 2012–13 La Liga 35 14

Bryan Ruiz

Twente 2010–11 Eredivisie 34 24

David Suazo

Cagliari Serie A 2005–06 37 22

Dwight York

Manchester United 1999-2000 Premier League 32 20

And a Canadian season which ranks up there:

Cyle Larin

Beşiktaş 2020-21 Süper Lig 38 19

But is the one to beat though, clearly:

Hugo Sanchez (Real Madrid)

1989–90 La Liga 35 38

To be honest he had multiple seasons like this - but this one was the best. 

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is shaping up to be one of the best season yet for a CONCACAF striker....

Lille 2022–23 Ligue 1 26 19

Let's check out a few comparisons (in no particular order)

Jozy Altidore 

AZ Eredivisie 33 23

Raul Jiminez 

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2019–20 Premier League 38 17

Clint Dempsey

Fulham Premier League 37 17

Chicharito 

Manchester United 2010–11 Premier League 27 13
Bayer Leverkusen 2015–16 Bundesliga 28 17

Carlos Vela

Real Sociedad 2012–13 La Liga 35 14

Bryan Ruiz

Twente 2010–11 Eredivisie 34 24

David Suazo

Cagliari Serie A 2005–06 37 22

Dwight York

Manchester United 1999-2000 Premier League 32 20

And a Canadian season which ranks up there:

Cyle Larin

Beşiktaş 2020-21 Süper Lig 38 19

But is the one to beat though, clearly:

Hugo Sanchez (Real Madrid)

1989–90 La Liga 35 38

To be honest he had multiple seasons like this - but this one was the best. 

I don't know if anyone remembers Hugo Sanchez in MLS, one of the great Dallas Burn players 😜

Aside from that monster season from Hugo Sanchez, David needs 5 goals to match the 24 league goals Bryan Ruiz scored at Twente. He's definitely on pace to do that.

Even if he only manages 5 more, I will give the tiebreaker to David, since Ligue 1 trumps Eredivisie. 

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Aside from that monster season from Hugo Sanchez, David needs 5 goals to match the 24 league goals Bryan Ruiz scored at Twente. He's definitely on pace to do that.

Even if he only manages 5 more, I will give the tiebreaker to David, since Ligue 1 trumps Eredivisie. 

Eredivisie is like the NHL in the Gretzky era with Edmonton.