Ottawa CPL Club

15 minutes ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

Stony Monday Riot used to bring this really flimsy looking banner that had ''Ottawa versus everyone'' and 'Ottawa contre tout le monde'' on it which in addition to being bilingual is exactly how I feel right now. 

I say Ottawa embrace their partnership with l'Impact, embrace their identity as total outsiders, and focus on absolutely crushing CanPL teams in the V-Cup. 

Totally digging this vibe of league villain. 

It shouldn’t be a Fury vs the CPL. Everyone should want the league to succeed. It’s what is needed and best for soccer in this country. But it has to happen naturally and the league needs to be run properly. At this point it doesn’t look like that it is viable. Really hope it doesn’t completely flop. 

2 minutes ago, Ottawafan74 said:

It shouldn’t be a Fury vs the CPL. Everyone should want the league to succeed. It’s what is needed and best for soccer in this country. But it has to happen naturally and the league needs to be run properly. At this point it doesn’t look like that it is viable. Really hope it doesn’t completely flop. 

And how do you reach the conclusion that the league will not be viable?  I've followed the Fury since their W-league and PDL days but feel they have completely screwed this one up.

9 minutes ago, Ottawafan74 said:

Hahaha! Are you saying that the CPL is not being run properly? Despite having signed partnerships with major kit maker, one of the largest car company’s in the world and a very successful media partner?

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

I have to agree with this 

tbf to the fury i do think this wasn't the plan 6 month ago when they first opted out, cpl seemed focused on being its own boss then with that production company they started, so them making the claim then was fair. like this changes shit big time but i don't think this was there then otherwise i don't think the fury would of stayed away

Edited by matty

11 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

And how do you reach the conclusion that the league will not be viable?  I've followed the Fury since their W-league and PDL days but feel they have completely screwed this one up.

I’ve followed them just as long, in fact going back before that when Stu was coaching the women who eventually made up the W-league with South Nepean. Watched them play Pica’s boys team when they were national champs because they had nobody to play... hence they became the Fury. And I don’t think they screwed this up. CONCACAF and it’s leader created this mess. 

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I’ll take Macron, VW and mediaPRO’s partnerships as an endorsement of the business plan over the opinions of John Pugh, Jeff Hunt and JdG.

9 months later this timeline

MediaPro: Wow this was a fucking bust

VW: I know. Like Fuck

CPL: What me?

MediaPro: No this John Pugh painting

VW: I don't you that guy in Ottawa wasn't the guy behind those rad murals but you didn't listen

CPL: Jeez I could have told you that

MediaPro: Shut up CPL I own you

39 minutes ago, Ottawafan74 said:

I hope it does become a strong league. But at this point I’ve heard it’s in complete disarray. The league should have waited another year.  Doubt the Fury would be eager to jump into the CPL if it flounders. 

Ottawa barely beat Blainville last season. I don't think anyone is too worried

46 minutes ago, Ottawafan74 said:

I hope it does become a strong league. But at this point I’ve heard it’s in complete disarray. The league should have waited another year.  Doubt the Fury would be eager to jump into the CPL if it flounders. 

Shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet.

A league in disarray would have repulsed Volkswagon and MEDIAPRO. Let's say for a fraction of a second I believe 10% of what you're saying and that CPL people have no clue what they are doing...their sponsor do and befor they put their brand next to yours, they do their due diligence, twice in regard to a new Canadian league.

Tell your source that the whole business world can't all be morons.

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

Shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet.

A league in disarray would have repulsed Volkswagon and MEDIAPRO. Let's say for a fraction of a second I believe 10% of what you're saying and that CPL people have no clue what they are doing...their sponsor do and befor they put their brand next to yours, they do their due diligence, twice in regard to a new Canadian league.

Tell your source that the whole business world can't all be morons.

I’ll pass that along.