Gold Cup Knockout round- Roster adjustments

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So bernier/Osorio and slim chance Kaye in the other mid spot along side Arfield.

Here's your shot Osorio, you earned it after your performance on Friday.

WJ makes us better but he can go rest his knee or whatever else is sore in the 90 minutes he plays on Friday.  Don't mind the "not disrupting the chemistry/unity". He also seemed to have made it clear in the interview his "club was an important spot where every game and point matters"...... 1 game TFC 3-0 Orlando.  I understand he is still nursing some injuries and the rest I am sure helped him recover etc. I will always give people the benefit of the doubt without knowing everything.  I hope we see you in September WJ.

23 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

So bernier/Osorio and slim chance Kaye in the other mid spot along side Arfield .

Did you forget about Sam Piette?

It's without a doubt going to be and Piette, Arfield.  Bernier, Osorio or Teibert for the 3rd spot.  'm fairly sure it's Bernier though.

The big question is does Larin take Cavalini's spot  I think he does.

22 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

It's without a doubt going to be and Piette, Arfield.  Bernier, Osorio or Teibert for the 3rd spot.  'm fairly sure it's Bernier though.

The big question is does Larin take Cavalini's spot  I think he does.

Cavallini starts for me. Larin sub in the 60th min. 

3 hours ago, canta15 said:

Cavallini deserves the start. Larin can be left on bench if we winning by 2

Why does he deserve the start? He hasn't scored in 3 matches, has never scored in 6 matches for Canada and has hardly had a scoring opportunity in the 3 Gold Cup matches. Larin has 5 goals in 20 matches for Canada and hasn't lived up to what we expected of him but if we are going to criticize Larin for not scoring why is Cavallini not being subjected to the same criticism when he has scored far less than Larin and so far does not seem to be even a threat to score. Work rate and holding the ball up are good qualities but in the end a striker needs to create chances and score.

Edit changed 5 goals in 14 games to 5 in 20

56 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Nah, never, he's got that #6 spot/role for us on lockdown.

Was referring to the other spot in the triangle where Bernier/Osorio/Kaye have seen minutes, to be played alongside Arfield.

I guess the question comes down to this - has Larin been nearly invisible with the CMNT the last couple of years because of Floroball, and now he will rock it because of the quality of the squad and the way they are playing under Oz?  Interesting choice for the Wizard really.

Just one change for Canada while US had six. Keeping the chemistry going nice. What I would like to see would be both Cavallini and Larin start together, but if not possible Cav should start just because he's been there from the start plus seems sensitive and might run out on us again if benched. Just joking.... Would love to see both start Cav in CF role while Larin in ST role. I think would be cool little forward set up and you got Davies and Hoilett as wingers. 4-4-2 diamond

I guessed it would be Edwards because I didn't see any footage of him with the rest of the team on the plane that the CSA tweeted. He would not have been my choice but two central midfielders on a yellow I can see why OZ didn't pick Kaye. Glad Larin is onboard though

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Why does he deserve the start? He hasn't scored in 3 matches, has never scored in 6 matches for Canada and has hardly had a scoring opportunity in the 3 Gold Cup matches. Larin has 5 goals in 14 matches for Canada and hasn't lived up to what we expected of him but if we are going to criticize Larin for not scoring why is Cavallini not being subjected to the same criticism when he has scored far less than Larin and so far does not seem to be even a threat to score. Work rate and holding the ball up are good qualities but in the end a striker needs to create chances and score.

It's 5 in 20 but that's still better than 0 for 6. As of right now, my opinion is that the team plays better with Cavallini in the team, but I'm open to changing that with evidence. Maybe Larin starts and proves me wrong. 

I wonder if we can get them both on the field?

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

I guessed it would be Edwards because I didn't see any footage of him with the rest of the team on the plane that the CSA tweeted. He would not have been my choice but two central midfielders on a yellow I can see why OZ didn't pick Kaye. Glad Larin is onboard though

Yellows reset

Archived