2017 Gold Cup

PhillyCanuck

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Keegan said:

French Guiana aren't going to be easy.  Our last 3 matches against non-FIFA islands in the Gold Cup we've won one and lost two.  

Thats pathetic

I'm optimistic that we can get out of the group stage as one of the best 3rd place teams. I like that we are playing FG first and hopefully can build off the confidence of getting 3 points. A draw against either or both CR and Honduras is not out of the question - especially if they bring less experienced squads.

16 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Seriously? Just a slim victory?

Absolutely. We've never had anything more than a 1 goal victory in this tournament in 10 years, including playing the powerhouses of Guadeloupe and Martinique in that timeframe. We haven't scored a goal in 6 years FFS.

3 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Just wait until we draw Scotland this month and everyone turns around and likes our chances

because we got a draw against Scotland? A win sure but a draw would still be meh

Man I really hate the coach talks, it doesn't mean shit unless he's willing to set us up to score....at least once.

We could have Carlo Ancelotti, and I don't think he does anything....players decide everything.

5 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Man I really hate the coach talks, it doesn't mean shit unless he's willing to set us up to score....at least once.

We could have Carlo Ancelotti, and I don't think he does anything....players decide everything.

As Nagelsmann said, only 30% of coaching is tactics. A good manager will put belief in our players, give the club respect and encourage them to do the best they can. That's where most of the managing is.So a manager certainly does matter, but it isn't going to qualify us alone.

Just now, Levi Oakey said:

As Nagelsmann said, only 30% of coaching is tactics. A good manager will put belief in our players, give the club respect and encourage them to do the best they can. That's where most of the managing is.So a manager certainly does matter, but it isn't going to qualify us alone.

So I am close to being 70% of the way towards being a good coach? All coaches should be paid 70% less. At the highest level they make way too much money.

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So I am close to being 70% of the way towards being a good coach? All coaches should be paid 70% less. At the highest level they make way too much money.

The other is probably the hardest part of coaching. Social management. But if you are paying your coach to play football manager.. It should cost at most 52$ a year.

Archived