2017 Gold Cup

PhillyCanuck

8 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

All teams have to release a 35 player gold cup roster a month before the tournament starts i.e June 7. That gets trimmed down closer to the tournament start time. 

The regulations were published this week.

Provisional list of 35 - 40 days before tournament starts (June 2)
Final list of 23 - 10 days before tournament starts (June 27)

Six players can be replaceds after the group stage but the replacements must have been on the provisional list. Personally, I don't like this rule.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Lou said:

The regulations were published this week.

Provisional list of 35 - 40 days before tournament starts (June 2)
Final list of 23 - 10 days before tournament starts (June 27)

Six players can be replaceds after the group stage but the replacements must have been on the provisional list. Personally, I don't like this rule.

It's ridiculous, the teams benefitting the most are obviously the USA and Mexico. 

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Saw this tweet and didn't know this previously.

Checked and it is true.

http://www.concacaf.com/article/provisional-40-player-rosters-announced-for-2017-concacaf-gold-cup

How is this even possible? He has been capped, no? Different player I guess

The French territories (i assume this also applies to other non-FIFA Assoc.) are allowed to use previously capped players after a certain number of years have passed since their last cap. Angloma played for Guadeloupe against us in 2007 at the age of 42.

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

The French territories (i assume this also applies to other non-FIFA Assoc.) are allowed to use previously capped players after a certain number of years have passed since their last cap. Angloma played for Guadeloupe against us in 2007 at the age of 42.

It's 5 years.

Archived