2017 Gold Cup

PhillyCanuck

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we get to play Costa Rica and Honduras outside of Central America... in Texas.

Otherwise good draw... I mean, placement. No doubt totally on the up and up, not at all swayed by the CONCACAF president who happens to be the CSA president.

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

HAHAHAHAHA NOT A DRAW!

Not surprising. As soon as I saw the video it was easy to see there were no bowls with ping pong balls in them. No pretty ladies standing around smiling to point someone to the bowl they need to draw out of.

4 minutes ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

I'm naive for thinking we would get drawn into the USA group for that Cleveland match.  We have no standing with the federation at all.

Not drawn, placed. It's hard to argue we have no standing within the federation, considering we automatically qualify for a spot in the Gold Cup to start out with. Not to mention getting a CCL spot despite only having 5 teams in a neighboring country's pyramid, and that CCL spot is in the CCL proper that starts next year, not the CCL2 or whatever they end up calling it. We most certainly do get given things by this corrupt mess of a federation.

1 minute ago, Boominbooty said:

early prediction: we lose to CR 2-0, draw Honduras in a terrible 0-0 match and beat FG 3-1 and advance on 4 pts as a top 3rd place team.  Here's hoping!!!

I predict chair throwing. 

On not being a random draw - well we always suspected this so nothing new here.

Otherwise, let's get the job done (get out of our group)!  We tied Costa Rica last Gold Cup when we couldn't even score a goal.  In WCQ, we beat Honduras at home and were outplayed by them away.  OK, so now we play them on neutral territory. 

Canada's got some better players this time so let's do this!

Archived