2017 Gold Cup

PhillyCanuck

24 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Wow we are the lowest ranked FIFA team in the tournament. What a time to be alive

And we qualified automatically because we live up north, or depending on what you believe, because we won the tournament 17 years ago. Not at all stupid.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Wow we are the lowest ranked FIFA team in the tournament. What a time to be alive

If Nicaragua beat Haiti we are tied with them!! Which confuses me, because the pots would be completely different so how do they determine what pot this team is in?

9 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

If Nicaragua beat Haiti we are tied with them!! Which confuses me, because the pots would be completely different so how do they determine what pot this team is in?

However the fuck they want because this is CONCACAF (but no more than two countries from Central America are in the same group - same thing for the Caribbean.

1 hour ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

10 a.m.   Come onnnnnn Cleveland!

Draw is from California, so 1pm EST? Source?

7 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

I am pretty sure Haiti/Nicaragua playoff winner will be in the last pot because the payoff match won't be played before the draw (end of March, if I remember)

Yeah 24th and 28th which means Canada would be in pot 3 instead of 4.

Hold on a sec... this isn't actually a "draw" is it? Don't they just get together in a back room and make the groups then unveil??

also. Fifa rankings are bullcrap, if we had to qualify like Caribbean teams we would be 60-75. They are so heavily weighed in their favour and the qualifying tournament has so many games they rack up at ton of points beating minnows. 

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hold on a sec... this isn't actually a "draw" is it? Don't they just get together in a back room and make the groups then unveil??

also. Fifa rankings are bullcrap, if we had to qualify like Caribbean teams we would be 60-75. They are so heavily weighed in their favour and the qualifying tournament has so many games they rack up at ton of points beating minnows. 

That's why we need to get qualifiers

1 hour ago, matty said:

That's why we need to get qualifiers

Some people consider Bermuda to be part of North America. Perhaps we could get a good ol Canadian best of 7 series going with them. Winner advances to the Gold Cup.

Just now, canta15 said:

Some people consider Bermuda to be part of North America. Perhaps we could get a good ol Canadian best of 7 series going with them. Winner advances to the Gold Cup.

I've pitched an idea involving Bermuda and a few other nations joining NAFU so Canada can qualify like 80 times on these forums. I need a fucking life.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

I'm watching without sound. What are they talking about? Are they increasing transparency by saying how much each team paid/accepted for getting the group they are in?

It is a circle jerk of American Soccer and American Soccer infrastructure.

Archived