2017 CONCACAF U-17 Championship

Zem

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kent said:

Sorry, who is Benson? Who has 3 kids part of the national program? Is OSU related to this Johnathan David story or is that just an Ottawa related aside?

Benson is on the Internationals and is also on the U17 national squad. There is a third young man who has been invited to ID camps but I don't believe he is on the team in Costa Rica. 

Just find it odd that a team playing lower level soccer can be "scouted" but an Ottawa team playing at the highest levels can't get any attention from the national program. 

28 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

This team is an embarrassment. Bunch of cocky 16 yr olds who can't perform.

agreed. total jerks. a disgrace to our nation. totally cocky. I know them all. I'm watching the game, they can't perform . the worst.I mean we should tell them to give up now. They are brutal. Really cocky absolute embarrassment. you said it pal.

3 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

agreed. total jerks. a disgrace to our nation. totally cocky. I know them all. I'm watching the game, they can't perform . the worst.I mean we should tell them to give up now. They are brutal. Really cocky absolute embarrassment. you said it pal.

I hope this is sarcasm.

6 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

Anyone else's stream down?

Where is the stream supposed to be? I can't find it on FB, YouTube or the CSA site.

Edit: Found it on the CONCACAF FB page. They don't make it easy.

Edit2: WTF, that's not it.

Edit3: CONCACAF's YouTube page. That was annoying.

To me, losing to Costa Rica at this level is expected. But losing to Cuba? That's just an embarrassing result.

Given that 16 of the 20 players are from the MLS academies, 15 of which are from Whitecaps and TFC, I think this is more evidence that MLS academies are failing in their ability to develop talent that can help Canada win at any age level.

2 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

A fucking embarrassment. But apparently welltoldtales and boominthebooty are happy with it.

You're joking right?

Archived