2017 CONCACAF U-17 Championship

Zem

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Didn't someone earlier in this thread say David was better than Alphonso Davies right now??

not to shit on David or anything, more the over the top nonsense hype we bestow in young talent

He's also suppose to go to Genk

5 minutes ago, One American said:

In fairness to this team, it's missing Davies, Millar, Reid and Akinola, the four best Canadian prospects in and around that age group. Usually, if you get four guys off a youth team to have good careers,  you should be pleased. 

Millar and Reid aren't age-eligible and Akinola is on the US squad so not sure how you can really say we are missing him. 

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

So did David have a good or bad game? This thread is like a roller coaster.

I only watched the Costa Rica and he was easily the best Canadian player on the field. Dangerous every time he had the ball, breaking ankles a couple times, creating his own chances, and getting strong shots with both feet. He was injured toward the end of that game.

Rob Friend and Olivier Occean also University products. In Canada and US college is part of the development system, and good players will still overcome and emerge despite its relative weakness. One wonders though, how much better at least some these players might have been...

17 hours ago, Floortom said:

Didn't someone earlier in this thread say David was better than Alphonso Davies right now??

not to shit on David or anything, more the over the top nonsense hype we bestow in young talent

I was the one who said David has better potential than Davies. Both very good players but to me having seen both I believe David will be the better player. Of course there is lots of development left for the 2000 kids and it isn't an exact science. 

To me David has better skills and understanding of the game. And can play up top or through the middle. 

Not bestowing anything. 

The post was meant to illustrate that a 25% conversion rate puts you in some pretty heavy company. Most average strikers score one out of 5-6 chances created...

For me and what do I know I think it's more valuable to get into those scoring positions, create the chances and pop a few in. This is after all still a developing player...two goals off 8 chances in a concacaf qualifier...not bad at all..ibra missed 11 the other night.

Just mho...

and to respond to sitting in the stands comment...ibra missed 3 sitters...3... armchair i'd say ;)

11 hours ago, Gordon said:

Rob Friend and Olivier Occean also University products. In Canada and US college is part of the development system, and good players will still overcome and emerge despite its relative weakness. One wonders though, how much better at least some these players might have been...

Josh Simpson was also a US University guy.

Archived