2016 New Kit Launch

ESG Shawn

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, red card said:

I like it. I like having some white with the dominant red. Thank god no black. Not original as it is similar to some club teams and also in tennis.

It will be on sale also at BC Place on Friday.

FYI - Black is a colour you'll find in all our national teams kits (CBA, Team Canada, Baseball Canada, Tennis Canada ect.)

I don't mind it as a secondary option..... I still want to see an all black kit, with red accents!

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

FYI - Black is a colour you'll find in all our national teams kits (CBA, Team Canada, Baseball Canada, Tennis Canada ect.)

I don't mind it as a secondary option..... I still want to see an all black kit, with red accents!

We've had those before, they were hideous. I'm trying to find a pic on the web but no luck yet.

23 hours ago, Toronto Ruffrider said:

I like it - I can't wait to get my hands on this jersey. I wonder if Sportchek will carry them.

Eff Sportchek, the only time they've ever carried Canada gear was during this past WWC which is great but they were obviously capitalizing. If there's an In2Sports near you shop there. They can crest a jersey for you and generally have a bunch of stuff in stock all the time. They're also locally owned franchises as opposed to massive corporate owned stores. Also the CSA online shop probably has the best margins for the CSA so that's a great way to support our teams more directly.

5 minutes ago, theaub said:

If you're in the GTA, best chance is the Umbro outlet store (RMP Athletic) that's in Mississauga (although if you want cresting you need to do In2Sports as noted above).

I'll be calling on Tuesday to see.

RMP doing creating as well or at least they did when I was in Canada last summer. 

Overall, the shirt is ok but I absolutely hate the collar. 

17 hours ago, Califax said:

I think it was @keegan who said it but can they please bring back the centenial golf shit jersey.

Im half temped to make knockoffs just so the vees have em.

So like a V's member shirt?

Name = VOYAGEURS

Number = Year you joined?

Next level shit getting provincial patches sewn on the arms?

12 minutes ago, killgod said:

So like a V's member shirt?

Name = VOYAGEURS

Number = Year you joined?

Next level shit getting provincial patches sewn on the arms?

If we bought the stock red ones (https://www.umbro.co.uk/browse/c-Teamwear-7/c-AdultShirts-12/?page=5) and sewed a V's patch onto the front that would be awesome (and probably violate the unwritten don't piss off your shirt sponsor code)

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

not sure where to put this but good news for the CSA. another major sponsor has jumped on board... Allstate Insurance

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-and-allstate-canada-team-up-on-new-multi-year-partnership-p159288-preview-1&language=en

Funny thing happened on the way to the insurance company a while back.  I bumped into king1010, I mean Victor Montagliani at the Canadian Direct Insurance located at 750 Cambie St #600, Vancouver, BC V6B 0A2 a couple of months ago.  The agent was giving him the high-roller treatment, which to me indicates he's got quite a few lira tucked away.  Kinda strange through, as Canadian Direct Insurance isn't an official CSA sponsor, and for a guy who lives in Burnaby, it sure is a long way to go to an insurance company.

Anyways, being the nice guy that I am, I went to say, "Hi Vic."  Very surprisingly he lied to me.  He said that he would email me and he never has.  I have a very good friend who works at that branch and will see if he can provide a little freedom of information information.

12 minutes ago, Benjamin Massey said:

Funny thing happened on the way to the insurance company a while back.  I bumped into king1010, I mean Victor Montagliani at the Canadian Direct Insurance located at 750 Cambie St #600, Vancouver, BC V6B 0A2 a couple of months ago.  The agent was giving him the high-roller treatment, which to me indicates he's got quite a few lira tucked away.  Kinda strange through, as Canadian Direct Insurance isn't an official CSA sponsor, and for a guy who lives in Burnaby, it sure is a long way to go to an insurance company.

Anyways, being the nice guy that I am, I went to say, "Hi Vic."  Very surprisingly he lied to me.  He said that he would email me and he never has.  I have a very good friend who works at that branch and will see if he can provide a little freedom of information information.

Before he was the BCSA President, Victor Montagliani was a partner in a successful, independent insurance adjusting business. He likely made a lot of contacts in the industry during that period in his life. 

Perhaps you should find something better to do with yourself than making baseless iinsinuations about someone you don't know on the internet.

Just now, SthMelbRed said:

Before he was the BCSA President, Victor Montagliani was a partner in a successful, independent insurance adjusting business. He likely made a lot of contacts in the industry during that period in his life. 

Perhaps you should find something better to do with yourself than making baseless iinsinuations about someone you don't know on the internet.

It was a reference to this recent Robert classic and not a serious (or even knowingly apposite; I had no idea about his insurance adjusting history) comment. Which doesn't mean I shouldn't find something better to do with myself.

3 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Ben's 'statement' is actually a satire of someone else's post from a while ago.

Archived