2016 New Kit Launch

ESG Shawn

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Perhaps you should find something better to do with yourself than making baseless iinsinuations about someone you don't know on the internet.

Perhaps you should do a little research into the origins of Ben's satirical comment! No one talks to the almighty face of Canadian soccer™ like this, you peasant! Thankfully the beard of Canadian soccer™ has showed you what for!

And to further clarify...

;)

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

I was not aware of earlier thread and the satirical nature of this post. I apologise. I would still say that you should amend your post so that it's clear that it's not serious, as allegations of corruption are not something to be careless about. 

Hey, if you didn't get the reference that was a perfectly understandable reaction, don't worry about it. (There's now some context a couple posts down so I'm not worried about it either!)

17 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I would still say that you should amend your post so that it's clear that it's not serious, as allegations of corruption are not something to be careless about. 

I think you need to re-read the post. There are no allegations of anything, certainly not corruption.  Insinuating the man is wealthy or working for a wealthy organization is not an allegation of corruption.

The only thing he alleged is that Victor does not follow up on emails.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Is it just me, or does the red of the shorts and socks not match the red of the jerseys?

Yay Umbro.......

CeRTqz6UkAACwr3.jpg:large

I think its just you.... look at Akindeles shorts and shirt 

Umbro has been great for the National Team since taking over from Adidas. so yes, "yay Umbro" indeed

4 minutes ago, king1010 said:

I think its just you.... look at Akindeles shorts and shirt 

Umbro has been great for the National Team since taking over from Adidas. so yes, "yay Umbro" indeed

That's who I was looking at, look at JDG, I still think it's off but we'll see tomorrow, hopefully it's just my laptop screen playing tricks on my eyes.

And Umbro is sh*t, I would love to see us go Nike or back to Adidas. Or........

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/9d/f7/9df7e4f07e75feaad0f794260fd0cf7c.jpg?itok=FDFynn0b

1 hour ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

That's who I was looking at, look at JDG, I still think it's off but we'll see tomorrow, hopefully it's just my laptop screen playing tricks on my eyes.

And Umbro is sh*t, I would love to see us go Nike or back to Adidas. Or........

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/9d/f7/9df7e4f07e75feaad0f794260fd0cf7c.jpg?itok=FDFynn0b

You must not have been around for Adidas and their cookie cutter kits they made for us. 

And as some have mentioned. Nike has no creativity. 

Some ppl are never satisfied. Umbro has been a great partner and really grown our brand. 

1 minute ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

^ just in case you don't remember, when Canada had that kit it was not used for anyone else.  After Canada used it, it became a generic kit.

Maybe at first, but I played against men's league teams that had that template kit while the MNT was still wearing it.

I'm well aware that every Adidas kit we had was cookie cutter, but every Umbro kit we've had has been cookie cutter as well, just like any Nike or Under Armour kit would be cookie cutter.

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

the mic hasn't been dropped.

I never said umbro wasn't cookie cutter. but at least they have done consulting with the CSA and built up the brand as well as distribution network

Haha, I can honestly say I've never heard that one before. And just because I picked it up doesn't mean it wasn't dropped in the first place.

Now we're getting off topic for this thread but please tell me about this distribution network you speak of, because I've had a bunch of friends tell me they can't find Soccer Canada gear anywhere outside of a soccer specific store

38 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Haha, I can honestly say I've never heard that one before. And just because I picked it up doesn't mean it wasn't dropped in the first place.

Now we're getting off topic for this thread but please tell me about this distribution network you speak of, because I've had a bunch of friends tell me they can't find Soccer Canada gear anywhere outside of a soccer specific store

your friends must not have looked very hard....

sport chek... they sell more than soccer

The new Canada kit unveil was held in conjunction with Sport Chek’s West Edmonton Mall flagship store one year anniversary celebrations. Fittingly, Canada Soccer, Umbro Canada and Sport Chek announced on the day that Canadians will be able to purchase their own official Canadian red jersey at select Sport Chek locations across Canada starting early April.

“We are thrilled to host the unveil of #CanadaRED in our West Edmonton Sport Chek store,” said Frederick Lecoq, Senior-Vice President of Marketing at FGL Sports. “Soccer has become one of the most popular sports in Canada and no doubt our Women’s National team performances have had a lot to do with that. We’re proud to support these inspiring athletes and wish them all the best as they approach the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015.”

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-and-umbro-canada-unveil-new-canadared-p157593

now back to the topic at hand

I remember reading that it is hard to make different styles of kits quickly as they have to weight them or something like that. So for the kits to be light they have to sacrifice something, causing multiple kits to be very generic.

54 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

^ just in case you don't remember, when Canada had that kit it was not used for anyone else.  After Canada used it, it became a generic kit.

Actually Huddersfield Town had the same kit... Arfield actually played for them at the time funny enough.

But to be fair to Umbro they had just signed as our partner and it seemed like a last second thing to trot out for our upcoming friendly and keep around for one year. 

3 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Actually Huddersfield Town had the same kit... Arfield actually played for them at the time funny enough.

But to be fair to Umbro they had just signed as our partner and it seemed like a last second thing to trot out for our upcoming friendly and keep around for one year. 

That was the 2011-12 Huddersfield kit that they started wearing August 2011. The kit was unveiled for Canada in January 2011. No one else had the kit at the time. 

Canada adidas kits looked pretty generic, often cheap looking and didn't feel good in wearing it.

Umbro has kept the designs clean with better quality material. Not truly ugly like adidas but not spectacular either. This recent redesign has been the boldest.

With Nike, if you're one of the countries that they consider worthwhile paying attention, you won't get a cookie cutter design. But you're also at the mercy of Nike designers which can be a hit or miss. You'll need to tolerate colours being used that aren't part of your national colour fabric such as neon yellow in the previous US jersey. Keeping tradition isn't part of Nike's DNA.

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

your friends must not have looked very hard....

sport chek... they sell more than soccer

if you have to look "very hard" is that a good distribution network? 

And they looked at sportchek, but thanks a lot tips. The only time they've had displays of Canadian soccer stuff was during the WWC last summer and that was all Adidas stuff as the main sponsor. 

No mic drop this time, I'm just leaving.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

if you have to look "very hard" is that a good distribution network? 

And they looked at sportchek, but thanks a lot tips. The only time they've had displays of Canadian soccer stuff was during the WWC last summer and that was all Adidas stuff as the main sponsor. 

No mic drop this time, I'm just leaving.

For the past 5 years i've bought Umbro CSA stuff at SportChek. After the womens world cup they had dozens and dozens of CSA gear on sale. And even before the wwc they always had CSA gear.Didn't have to look hard at all. just walk into Canada's largest sports store. 

or heck how about this novel idea. use the internet to order your kit online to your front door. earth shattering stuff

http://csa.rmpathletic.com

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/fan-shop/wc-soccer/canada/product/canada-soccer-mens-home-jersey-red-331828753.html

http://store.fifa.com/79543.html

no problem for the tips

Archived