January 2015 Transfer Talk

Just watching some late night A-League action, makes me wonder how a guy like Simeon Jackson, or possibly even Ricketts would do in that league. It seems to be somewhere inbetween MLS and NASL in terms of quality, but the teams all appear to be very stable and professionally run. Any thoughts?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching some late night A-League action, makes me wonder how a guy like Simeon Jackson, or possibly even Ricketts would do in that league. It seems to be somewhere inbetween MLS and NASL in terms of quality, but the teams all appear to be very stable and professionally run. Any thoughts?

My issue would be that travel would be an absolute bitch ... aside from that, yes, I think it should be a league that more of our players consider.  And, as you suggest, it's plausible to get playing time without being too low a level.

My issue would be that travel would be an absolute bitch ... aside from that, yes, I think it should be a league that more of our players consider.  And, as you suggest, it's plausible to get playing time without being too low a level.

Ricketts can't score in Israel. I doubt he'd make it in MLS. Don't know about a level lower that that.

A League clubs are anything but stable. In the ten-year history of the league, every club, with the exception of Melbourne Victory, has been on the brink of collapse at least once. Three teams have have already come and gone. The current lineup of clubs seems to be more stable than they were in the past. Even still, Newcastle Jets and Central Coast Mariners are never far from the next crisis. The former Melbourne Heart was always a concern before being bought out by the Melbourne City ownership group.

http://futbolete.com/americaespasion-com/las-nuevas-caras-del-america-de-cali/

David Monsalve has signed with America de Cali.

America is one of Colombia's biggest and most prestigious clubs.  They recently had some issues and are in the second division, but will be favourites for promotion.  

This is an excellent move for David.  Hopefully he wins his spot and gets himself back in contention for the CMNT.  Always thought he had excellent potential.  

http://futbolete.com/americaespasion-com/las-nuevas-caras-del-america-de-cali/

David Monsalve has signed with America de Cali.

America is one of Colombia's biggest and most prestigious clubs.  They recently had some issues and are in the second division, but will be favourites for promotion.  

This is an excellent move for David.  Hopefully he wins his spot and gets himself back in contention for the CMNT.  Always thought he had excellent potential.  

Great news!

My only problem with the Hutchinson article is that it talks about him as the best player on Besiktas.  Listen, I like Hutch as much as the next guy, but if you take Hutchinson away, they can still have much of the success they are having.

Take Demba Ba away, however?

Let's skip the bias and be very real lol

(and yes, I realize the irony of the Tottenham matchday lineup, a game they won, no need to point it out)

http://www.sportline.bg/bgfootball/cska/cska-vodi-pregovori-s-milan-borjan-447277.html

This article says that CSKA Sofia is talking with Borjan. CSKA are currently first in the Bulgarian league just 3 pts ahead of Ludogorets.

That would be a decent move for him. Maybe it's not glamorous, but if he can be the starter at a big club in a mid-tier Euro league then there are worse things in life.

Edit: I wonder if his agent ever checked back in Romania after Borjan had that successful stint there?

Would be a good move for milan if he is the starter.

Luke Wileman tweeted doniel henry to WEST HAM. Application for work permit is monday. If he gets it, its a done deal.

Edit: im late to the party

Why would teams sign player if they had no hope of getting a work permit?

Would be a good move for milan if he is the starter.

Luke Wileman tweeted doniel henry to WEST HAM. Application for work permit is monday. If he gets it, its a done deal.

Edit: im late to the party

same reason that Stoke tried to get a work permit for Juan Agudelo but failed?

I'd be very pleased if Henry does get a work permit, but considering recent precedents, I'd be shocked if he actually gets it

West Ham hasn't signed the player yet. I'm sure it's a signing is depending on getting a work permit. If Henry doesn't get his work permit, they can either sign him and lend him back to Cyprus so he can get his EU passport or don't sign him at all. They just wonder if they could get him earlier. I

Also, Henry has some hope to get a work permit because he's 21. Why did Junior Hoilett get a work permit at QPR 2 and half years ago? I don't think that Henry will get it for sure, or that he won't get it at all, but there have been precedents in giving young players a permit.

Archived