Friendly - Colombia vs. Canada - October 14, 2014 - POST-match [R]

SthMelbRed

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that full-time?

Yes, 1-0 Colombia.

Very disappointing to not see the younger players in action. Aparicio and Hamilton coming on in the 91st minute was a joke with 30 secs to play.

The youth is the future and these kids should get every opportunity to get the experience of playing a Colombian team like this. 

Given we were missing good chunk of players, we played well against one of the best teams in the world.   Nothing to be shame about this result.  

Hopefully we get full team for next game (against Panama) so we can see what Canada is capable of doing.  

Proud of the result tonight. Gutted that we couldn't get the result, but we played great nontheless.

De Guzman was a beast. He still has something left in the tank. Credit to Doniel Henry in my opinion. He looked awkward going forward, but some of his tackles were good and he was a solid presence all night. Edgar was solid. Milan Borjan with a solid night too. Great effort from every player on the pitch,

Cyle Larin impressed me in the few minutes he was on. He had one amazing play where he created space for himself and tested the Colombian goalkeeper.

No shame in letting one get away from James Rodriguez.

We looked great. I was thoroughly impressed. It's impossible to say, but without the masterclass strike from James I think we hold them at bay. 

JDG looked like early-2000s JDG, it was completely refreshing. 

More than anything, we looked like a team; a team that has practiced together and is coached very well. This result gives me a lot of hope for the Gold Cup and WCQ. Floro deserves a tonne of credit.

Furthermore, Larin looked blast out of a cannon when he came on. I was really impressed with him as well.

And our back four was superb defensively.

I actually have nothing to complain about.

Yes, 1-0 Colombia.

Very disappointing to not see the younger players in action. Aparicio and Hamilton coming on in the 91st minute was a joke with 30 secs to play.

The youth is the future and these kids should get every opportunity to get the experience of playing a Colombian team like this.

You're the most negative person i have met. We were tied till the 74th minute. Floro alrdy started making subs. We only had 6. Younger guys got a run out.

How the hell are u finding negatives. Give your head a shake

Yes, 1-0 Colombia.

we have wcq in 7 months and gold cup in 8 months.

the future is now. 

games like this are for the team to prep for the meaningful games that are fast approaching. if youngsters can get a run out all the better. which they did tn

Kristian jack just tweeted there is interest in mls for him at 150k. And he would be open to it.

I think he has german and greek offers but he wanted to be close to frankfurt

Thought he wanted to be closer to kids but id take jdg at 150k

Pachecho played really well. Would be great if he could move up to the portugese top flight.

Edgar has been a rock at the back. Could aee him back in the premier league

Cant do anythig ab james' goal. Thats what $100 million will get you.

Regarding Edgar, Problem is Birmingham have been crap, and he's a part of that.

Archived