Call up prediction versus Jamaica

Obinna

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sort of torn on this. I am always country before club, so I wish Canada could call its strongest line up all the time. I wish Teibert and Cavallini were also called (and any other worthy player).

But I also would like to see if Morgan was just being fucked over by a shitty coach (Nelsen) or if he really doesn't belong in MLS anymore.

Damn I wish MLS would break for international matches.

I'm sort of torn on this. I am always country before club, so I wish Canada could call its strongest line up all the time. I wish Teibert and Cavallini were also called (and any other worthy player).

But I also would like to see if Morgan was just being fucked over by a shitty coach (Nelsen) or if he really doesn't belong in MLS anymore.

Damn I wish MLS would break for international matches.

I've already voiced my opinion about the Teibert situation, but I also admit a little bias in favour of Morgan.  I really believe that in a different system he'd do well, but it wasn't going to happen under Nelsen and his minions.  Maybe Vanney will change that, maybe not:  here's hoping for the former.

It was deserved, he pulled Le Toux down from behind on a breakaway.

and the thing is, Morgan probably could have done enough to throw LeToux off his shot without blatant grabbing. Morgan had pace and made up a lot of ground, and LeToux really had a shot with his weaker left foot. Looked like Morgan was taking defending lesson from Doneil Henry

^ Morgan did very well to even catch up with him after a horrendous error by Hagglund gave away the breakaway, he took one for the team and gave them a chance to still get a result and yet he gets slagged! After running all that way to catch him he was always going to have to foul before the attacking player got into the box, I doubt he had time to figure the player was on his weaker foot!

I got this from the Raggae Boyz forum, supposedly this is the roster for our game against them.

GK Andre Blake 
GK Backup GK

DF Lloyd Doyley
DF Nicolai Finlayson
DF Upston Edwards
DF Wes Morgan
DF Adrian Mariappa 
DF Alvas Powell
DF Kemar Lawrence

MF Chris Humphrey
MF Omar Holness
MF Evan Taylor
MF Kenardo Forbes
MF Romario Campbell
MF Nicholas Beckett

FW Simon Dawkins 
FW Deshorn Brown
FW Brian Brown
FW Theo Robinson
FW Jamar Loza

So if you look at our roster vs theirs, they probably have an edge with their D and forwards, but we should run the midfield, on paper at least. Most of their guys are coming from the Jamaican league, which is good for us, but then they have the players who are English born that play for big clubs and give them the edge.

I think we can get a result against this Jamaica line up even though we have a lot of notable omissions (Osorio, Teibert, Henry, Johnson, Cavallini etc).

I am also willing to cut Floro some slack considering the number of MLS players left off the Jamaica squad. 

Our midfield is VASTLY more experienced than theirs. Our strikers also have far more experience. In the back though they undoubtedly trump us. Mariappa (Crystal Palace), Doyley (Watford), and Morgan (Leicester City) have made TONS of appearances in the Premiership/Championship. Jamaica are lucky to be able to call upon so many Englishmen.

GK Backup GK

I've heard of this guy. Getting lots of game with Unattached FC.

But where is Lance Laing? [/esg]

You're not wrong. I mean, "Omar Holness"? Who the fuck is that? That's not even a real person. What's weird is that they've called up Lance before, though not for a few years now.

I've heard of this guy. Getting lots of game with Unattached FC.

Unfortunetly, he plays in the lonely NASL

You're not wrong. I mean, "Omar Holness"? Who the fuck is that? That's not even a real person. What's weird is that they've called up Lance before, though not for a few years now.

To quote people on the Reggae Boyz Forum, Lance Laing should bombrush training.

To quote people on the Reggae Boyz Forum, Lance Laing should bombrush training.

LOL! That's quite possibly the coolest expression I've ever heard!

Seriously though, hate to say it for those FC Edmonton fans here, but Laing should "bombrush" an MLS team's training camp come January. If I were TFC or Impact (i.e. teams lacking wingers) I would definitely give him a look.   

Archived