Call up prediction versus Jamaica

Obinna

Going to be honest, if Osorio and Henry chose not to participate in this game because of TFC's "playoff chances", I will be furious.

Not necessarily at them, though they could come if they really wanted to, but it's clear they're feeling pressure from the organization and fear losing their spots (which have randomly seen precarious throughout the season).

I started following TFC a while back, even though I started in New Brunswick and have been in Ottawa for a few years now. Even when Montreal and Vancouver joined MLS, I stuck with TFC, for the main reason that I felt they were the ones who had the CMNT most at heart.

If this turns out to not be the case, my interest will fall substantially in one fell swoop.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CANADA
GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK
GK- Milan Borjan | unattached / sans club
GK- Quillan Roberts | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / Energie Cottbus
D- Andre Hainault | GER / VfR Aalen
D- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Dejan Jakovic | JPN / Shimizu S-Pulse
D- Adam Straith | unattached / sans club
D- Karl W. Ouimette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
D- Jeremy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Impact de Montréal
D- David Edgar | ENG / Birmingham City FC
M- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Julian de Guzman | unattached / sans club
M- Pedro Pacheco | POR / Santa Clara
M- Kyle Bekker | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Besiktas
M- Marcel de Jong | GER / Augsburg
M- Issey Nakajima-Farran | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact de Montréal
F-Tosaint Ricketts | ISR / Hapoel Haifa
F- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Coventry City
F- Marcus Haber | ENG / Crewe Alexandra
F- Randy Edwini-Bonsu | GER / Stuttgarter Kickers
F- Dwayne De Rosario | CAN / Toronto FC

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-mnt-announces-roster-for-jamaica-match-p156832

CANADAGK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIKGK- Milan Borjan | unattached / sans clubGK- Quillan Roberts | CAN / Toronto FCD- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / Energie CottbusD- Andre Hainault | GER / VfR AalenD- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FCD- Dejan Jakovic | JPN / Shimizu S-PulseD- Adam Straith | unattached / sans clubD- Karl W. Ouimette | CAN / Impact de MontréalD- Jeremy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Impact de MontréalD- David Edgar | ENG / Birmingham City FCM- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FCM- Julian de Guzman | unattached / sans clubM- Pedro Pacheco | POR / Santa ClaraM- Kyle Bekker | CAN / Toronto FCM- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / BesiktasM- Marcel de Jong | GER / AugsburgM- Issey Nakajima-Farran | CAN / Impact de MontréalM- Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact de MontréalF-Tosaint Ricketts | ISR / Hapoel HaifaF- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Coventry CityF- Marcus Haber | ENG / Crewe AlexandraF- Randy Edwini-Bonsu | GER / Stuttgarter KickersF- Dwayne De Rosario | CAN / Toronto FC

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-mnt-announces-roster-for-jamaica-match-p156832

The only player on the team, besides Hutchinson - who let's face it was unlucky to be born in Canada, that I actually care about in this team is watching Randy Edwini Bonsu play because at least he is fast and might be able to sprint by a defender and score. How sad is that? Everyone else is same ol' same 'ol recycled. They never had any offence before and won't in the future.

LOL@ Kyle Bekker getting called up to play on the national team. That just shows how bad we are right now.

Hell I'd rather see Hanson Boakai play against Jamaica than most of this squad.

The only player on the team, besides Hutchinson - who let's face it was unlucky to be born in Canada, that I actually care about in this team is watching Randy Edwini Bonsu play because at least he is fast and might be able to sprint by a defender and score. Everyone else is same ol' same 'ol recycled.

LOL@ Kyle Bekker getting called up to play on the national team. That just shows how bad we are right now.

Hell I'd rather see Hanson Boakai play against Jamaica than most of this squad.

I'm hopeful to see how a Edgar-Henry CB pairing works out.

But yeah, the fact Bekker gets a call definitely shows something...

Going to be honest, if Osorio and Henry chose not to participate in this game because of TFC's "playoff chances", I will be furious.

Not necessarily at them, though they could come if they really wanted to, but it's clear they're feeling pressure from the organization and fear losing their spots (which have randomly seen precarious throughout the season).

I started following TFC a while back, even though I started in New Brunswick and have been in Ottawa for a few years now. Even when Montreal and Vancouver joined MLS, I stuck with TFC, for the main reason that I felt they were the ones who had the CMNT most at heart.

If this turns out to not be the case, my interest will fall substantially in one fell swoop.

I think what pisses me off most is that Osorio and Henry have been benched by Nelsen at times when they should have been starting and now suddenly they're not expendable?  Conveniently awful for us.

Anyway not a bad roster but where are the surprises that people were talking about?  Pretty basic if you ask me besides Bernier being recalled.

I'm surprised that Tissot isn't on the team especially looking at the number of Impact players on that team.

Ya that's puzzling, Floro says he needs time but he's clearly ahead of JGL so why does he continuously get calls?

Zero Whitecaps. 

Like someone else said I'd much rather see Boakai then Bekker.  Speaking of Bekker why can't TFC keep him and we'll take Osorio?  Sure there's a drop off for TFC but Bekker has had some good appearances this year and it's not like the current XI is doing the business anyway.  That would be a win win for us.

No Cavallini is really really disappointing.  Does the Uruguayan league not break for internationals too or is he having a baby?

JGL has been good with the senior team.

I'm more surprised that Nakajima-Farran was selected before Tissot.

I can accept that JGL has convinced Floro and I can understand bringing in Issey but for me it is just strange that he wasn't willing to make room for Tissot. I would think his MLS form is enough to want to see him up close. 

With deJong in the fold I would have expected Morgan to be the one to make way for Tissot this time. We know what Morgan can do already.

Archived