Call up prediction versus Jamaica

Obinna

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who'd you prefer as alternatives?

I would prefer to see REB and S. Jackson up front, over deRosario and Issey. I think that REB - JACKSON - RICKETTS is our best front-three at the moment.

Maybe I missed something (is he hurt?) but Hainault makes my starting squad, if we're claiming to field our strongest team (to climb in the rankings).

2 years on and the only things different with that XI is that:

- everyone is 2 years older and worse

- Karl Ouimette is added, who let's be fair is nowhere near the level we need to advance though he has potential. 

Don't panic about the average age.This won't be the starting XI for the WCQ.

Who'd you prefer as alternatives?

Obinna, I respect all 4 of those guys for what they have done for our country. They give us nothing going forward. I prefer any player that is (a)attached and playing, and ( :cool: young enough to play for us in the lead up to 2018.

Edit - Not sure why that "cool smiley" is in there - can't get rid of it.

I would prefer to see REB and S. Jackson up front, over deRosario and Issey. I think that REB - JACKSON - RICKETTS is our best front-three at the moment.

Maybe I missed something (is he hurt?) but Hainault makes my starting squad, if we're claiming to field our strongest team (to climb in the rankings).

That is very fair. REB seems to be in good form and is getting a lot of minutes at the club level. Plus, whenever i've seen him in a Canada shirt he tends to give the opposition problems. In almost every game I see him play for Canada, he always looks like one of the few players we have that is threatening. 

Jackson doesn't really cause the same type of problems that REB does but I think he can be a great finisher when he's on form. Obviously he has pace too, but all in all I am okay with him coming off the bench in this one. 

Hainault is certainly deserving of a starting place, but there really is a lot of competition back there (which is great). The way I see it, him, Edgar and Jakovic are the three best centre backs in the pool, followed closely by Henry. I think if I had to rank them though it would be: Edgar, Jakovic and Hainualt. Hard to choose between the three though.

It's game day and there's not much chatter on here....

(4-3-3): Borjan; De Jong, Edgar, Jakovic, Ouimette; De Guzman, Hutchinson, Bernier; Ricketts, De Rosario, Nakajima-Farran.

--------------------------Borjan---------------------

Ouimette----Jakovic-----Edgar----------De Jong

-----------------Bernier---de Guzman-------------

----------------------Hutchinson--------------------

Ricketts------------De Rosatio-------------Issey

Anyone think this is what we'll see?? Thoughts??

I see this being the starting XI as well. I'd rather REB for Ricketts but each will prove valuable running at tired defenders and so I can't be too upset. All in all I feel as though this is likely our best XI with the players we have in camp.

Obinna, I respect all 4 of those guys for what they have done for our country. They give us nothing going forward. I prefer any player that is (a)attached and playing, and ( :cool: young enough to play for us in the lead up to 2018.

Edit - Not sure why that "cool smiley" is in there - can't get rid of it.

Do you mean that in an attacking sense? Because I think that Issey and deRosario can still be useful going forward. The are older (especially dero) but that doesn't mean they can't be effective. Both have looked pretty good when they've played in MLS this season (which hasn't been as much as i'd like). 

I use to feel the same way as you about playing younger players, but we've done that and haven't gotten the results. Now it is results time. Floro has done a great job bringing in young guys over the last year, so I feel comfortable with proven players getting us short term results. I do expect the younger guys to gradually push out the vets though.

Re: Bernier - I like his call up. He's having another respectable MLS season. Again, he is old but he brings us quality in the short term. 

As for JDG, I am more in line with how you're thinking. I will reluctantly accept seeing him in our starting 11 for now. I very much dislike seeing us field guys from unattached FC. 

Archived