Canadians in MLS (2013 Season)

mulliganl

Was at the game today. Osorio was great when he came on. Henry was fine when he came on.

I'm just starting to watch the Caps game. The commentator said Camilo was MOTM last week? Besides the penalty, he was the worst player on the team. Wow...

Teibert was the official MOTM last week, I believe. Camilo was far from stellar but for me the worst player on the pitch was clearly Jun Marques Davidson, a Rennie oldboy. Clearly a D2 player in my books. Thankfully he (along withe Teibert, who was less deserving of the hook, imo) got subbed out early last night.

What a terrible performance from the Caps. It reminded me of when Rennie started dismantling the team after a promising start last season as Watson and Heinemann started and the team was understandably disjointed.

Cannon made several decent saves and kept it from being 4 or 5-nil.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Henry made a crucial mistake giving away our last possession needlessly which lead to the eventual corner and winner.

A mistake but several more were made before & after that which compounded things - and I would put that down to O'Dea (who had the "last" possession of the ball before the goal) giving up the corner for no good reason, and then Braun's poor coverage on the flick-on header in the box, as the crucial mistakes in question.

April 20

-Jonathan Osorio subbed on for 16 minutes and Doneil Henry for the final minute and stoppage time in TFC's 1-1 draw with Houston.

-Russell Teibert started and played 58 minutes in Vancouver's 2-0 loss to Dallas.

April 21

-Dwayne DeRosario (assist), Dejan Jakovic, and Kyle Porter all played 90 minutes in DC's 3-1 loss to

^HA! Made me do a switch too...I pretty much fastforwarded the whole TFC game. Up to the 70th minute or so, anyways. And I'll probably watch the whole Whitecaps game today. Funny how that works.

+1

I just want to see Canadians play..really.

April 21

- Will Johnson played 90 for Portland in a 1-1 draw with San Jose. Nana Attakora also played 90 at centre back (for San Jose), seemingly assisting on the game-tying goal in second half stoppage time. I say 'seemingly' because neither Attakora nor Wondolowski are credited with assists on the goal at MLSsoccer.com, despite them obviously setting up the shot.

April 27

-After subbing on for the final 11 mniutes, Jonathan Osorio scored his second goal of the year in TFC's 2-1 loss to NYRB. Ashtone Morgan played 90 for Toronto.

-Patrice Bernier subbed on for 29 minutes in Montreal's 2-0 win over Chicago. The score was 1-0 at the point of his substitution.

-Dejan Jakovic, Dwayne DeRosario and Kyle Porter all played 90 minutes in DC's 3-0 loss to Columbus.

-Will Johnson played 90 minutes for Portland in their 3-2 win over SKC.

-Nana Attakora played the entire match and assisted on the final goal in San Jose's 2-2 draw with Chivas.

April 27

-After subbing on for the final 11 mniutes, Jonathan Osorio scored his second goal of the year in TFC's 2-1 loss to NYRB. Ashtone Morgan played 90 for Toronto.

-Patrice Bernier subbed on for 29 minutes in Montreal's 2-0 win over Chicago. The score was 1-0 at the point of his substitution.

-Dejan Jakovic, Dwayne DeRosario and Kyle Porter all played 90 minutes in DC's 3-0 loss to Columbus.

-Will Johnson played 90 minutes for Portland in their 3-2 win over SKC.

-Nana Attakora played the entire match and assisted on the final goal in San Jose's 2-2 draw with Chivas.

Add to that Impact homegrown Wandrille Lefèvre who played his first MLS game replacing an injured Nesta aroumd the 55th minute.

Add to that Impact homegrown Wandrille Lefèvre who played his first MLS game replacing an injured Nesta aroumd the 55th minute.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything conclusive that says he's eligible (and willing) in playing for the CMNT. If he is (and is), I'll be happy to add him to the list!

Yeah, I haven't seen anything conclusive that says he's eligible (and willing) in playing for the CMNT. If he is (and is), I'll be happy to add him to the list!

Lefevre has lived in Canada for 12 years and is a permanent resident at the moment. He hopes to have Canadian citizenship in the near future. So maybe too early to add him officially to the list but close enough it is worthwhile to keep track of him on the thread.

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/major-league-soccer/2013/03/08/3809102/nick-sabetti-lefèvre-determined-to-seize-his-chance-with-the

“He’s playing very well right now, so he’s in,” Yallop said of Attakora this week.

So far in three starts by Attakora, the Quakes have allowed three goals – compared to an average of 1.33 in San Jose’s other six matches. Attakora knows all he can do to keep his spot is keep putting up solid performances

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/03/after-getting-chance-san-jose-earthquakes-nana-attakora-may-not-give-back-st

Osorio comes on late (86th minute) after the latest defensive gaffe by a TFC defender (this time Logan Emory who started ahead of Morgan) gives Colorado an undeserved lead which translates into a 1-0 win for the Crapids. Henry & Welshmen were un-used subs, Bekker & Morgan not dressed.

Archived