Canadians in MLS (2013 Season)

mulliganl

Another assist for Teibert who played 89 minutes in the 3 - 1 Whitecaps win over Chivas USA. He has 2 goals and 5 assists in 10 games played. Camilo must be happy to play with him lately as his goal production has increased a lot in the last 3 games.

Totally outworked the Chivas player, played through the foul then plays one of the nicest touch passes up to Camilo. What a game changer he has turned into since moving to the right side. I hope they play him on the right side on the MNT. He just is causing such havoc from the right side it would be silly to play him anywhere else. Damn are we going to miss him for those 4 games when he is at the Gold Cup.

I just checked the MLS stats page for assists. First place with 6.

1. Russell Teibert 6

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally outworked the Chivas player, played through the foul then plays one of the nicest touch passes up to Camilo. What a game changer he has turned into since moving to the right side. I hope they play him on the right side on the MNT. He just is causing such havoc from the right side it would be silly to play him anywhere else. Damn are we going to miss him for those 4 games when he is at the Gold Cup.

I just checked the MLS stats page for assists. First place with 6.

1. Russell Teibert 6

I assume if he has 6 assists, that must be from the Whitecaps first goal (scored by Harvey) as he was the second last man to touch the ball?

Edit: just saw on mlssoccer.com that he has 2 assists from the game against Chivas. Six assists in the last four games, I'm impressed.

Bernier is tied for third in the league with 5 assists.

Right was just gonna mention that. He had an impressive assist via a through ball last night to Felipe. GREAT pass! Most of Teibert's assists come on crosses (a skill we desperately need) but a good through ball passer like Bernier (good vision) is invaluable as well.

Right was just gonna mention that. He had an impressive assist via a through ball last night to Felipe. GREAT pass! Most of Teibert's assists come on crosses (a skill we desperately need) but a good through ball passer like Bernier (good vision) is invaluable as well.

His crosses are just over head level and just a touch too far outside the 6 yard box for all but the most aggressive keepers. Real deadly stuff. That said his touch on the feed to Camilo was as perfect as you could ask for. Camilo didn't have to break stride or adjust in any way to get the pass. He continued his run and the ball slowed just where he needed it to. Sweet stuff. He is not a one trick pony. He is going to be hell to stop.

His crosses are just over head level and just a touch too far outside the 6 yard box for all but the most aggressive keepers. Real deadly stuff. That said his touch on the feed to Camilo was as perfect as you could ask for. Camilo didn't have to break stride or adjust in any way to get the pass. He continued his run and the ball slowed just where he needed it to. Sweet stuff. He is not a one trick pony. He is going to be hell to stop.

Didn't say he was, man. Read some of my other posts on Teibert. Great at taking defenders on. It just happens that he does it mostly on the wing right now, and we need him there, we desperately need a player like Teibert that is capable out wide. But we need good passers on other parts of the pitch too, that's what I'm getting at. Passers that put balls into dangerous areas, breaking strikers loose. Bernier is capable of that, as is Teibert. Would be nice to see Bernier and Teibert on the pitch at the same time. But I like keeping Teibert on the wing with those crosses, he's a beast there.

I wasn't taking offence. He has strengths and weaknesses but the latter are getting fewer and farther between. His move to the right side has been a total revelation. I think he just owns it now for the club. We'll see if he can stake out that position with the MNT. We need more players with good touch passing and Bernier and Teibert can do that. Now if only we can get Camilo up top for our MNT ;)

I wasn't taking offence. He has strengths and weaknesses but the latter are getting fewer and farther between. His move to the right side has been a total revelation. I think he just owns it now for the club. We'll see if he can stake out that position with the MNT. We need more players with good touch passing and Bernier and Teibert can do that. Now if only we can get Camilo up top for our MNT ;)

:) It's sad, it was only a year ago we had such hope with Occean and Jackson being so in form. Hoping to see good things out of Cavallini in July

Got thinking about what the 3 MLS teams would look like if they could only use players from that province and ended up making an XI for each province:

http://majorliguesoccer.com/2013/06/22/if-mls-clubs-could-only-play-local-players/

Fully expected Ontario to be strongest but I'm surprised at how hard it was to come up with a full team for BC

I was thinking of doing that! Liking the effort you did because it saved me the effort! Thanks, gonna go enjoy your results

Got thinking about what the 3 MLS teams would look like if they could only use players from that province and ended up making an XI for each province:

http://majorliguesoccer.com/2013/06/22/if-mls-clubs-could-only-play-local-players/

Fully expected Ontario to be strongest but I'm surprised at how hard it was to come up with a full team for BC

You forgot to add Doneil Henry (Brampton) who's better than Andres Arango. Same could be said about Lucas Cavallini (Mississauga) who's ahead of Jonke in the depth charts.

June 22

- Kyle Porter goes the full 90 in DC's 1-0 victory against San Jose. De Rosario stayed on the bench. Attakora played the full game for San Jose.

- Osorio and Henry both played the full match in the draw against Houston. I believe this was Osorio's third straight game starting as a RM.

June 22

- Kyle Porter goes the full 90 in DC's 1-0 victory against San Jose. De Rosario stayed on the bench. Attakora played the full game for San Jose.

- Osorio and Henry both played the full match in the draw against Houston. I believe this was Osorio's third straight game starting as a RM.

Just pointing out, I was watching that match streaming and the announcers were talking about De Ro and a hip flexor issue. They are resting him and his nagging injury in hopes he will be ready midweek for the US Open Cup match.

• 2 weeks later...

June 29

-Jonathan Osorio starts and played the full match in TFC's 1-0 loss to RSL. Doneil Henry also started for Toronto, but was sent off in the 79th minute.

-Russell Teibert started and played 90 minutes in Vancouver's 1-0 win over DC United. Kyle Porter and Dwayne De Rosario both started for DC and played 60 and 69 minutes, respectively.

-Patrice Bernier played the entire match of Montreal's 4-3 loss to Colorado.

Russell had 2 great shots at goal. Pity neither went in. The first was a Roberto Carlos "you aren't seriously shooting from that angle are you?" moment. Rang it off the post but kept it in play so it was inches away from scoring. Just a totally confident type shot. Love to see it. His second was a nice layoff that he shot while cutting in from the left just like Messi ;)

Can't wait to see him suit up for the MNT again. Play him on the right side!!!

July 3

-Patrice Bernier played 66 minutes as his Montreal Impact come back from a 3-1 deficit to draw TFC 3-3. Perhaps someone can confirm this, but this may have been TFC's first MLS game without featuring a Canadian.

-Kyle Porter played 90 minutes in DC's 2-0 loss in Seattle.

July 3

-Patrice Bernier played 66 minutes as his Montreal Impact come back from a 3-1 deficit to draw TFC 3-3. Perhaps someone can confirm this, but this may have been TFC's first MLS game without featuring a Canadian.

Yup, first ever after 6.5 seasons - the streak is over with a bit of an asterisk next to it given that the main reason it happened is that 4 Canucks are with the national team.

Yup, first ever after 6.5 seasons - the streak is over with a bit of an asterisk next to it given that the main reason it happened is that 4 Canucks are with the national team.

This nearly occurred in a match earlier this season when a 3-minute Osorio cameo was the only Canadian content. It could well happen later this season as well if Osorio is injured or has a run of bad form because Bekker is nowhere near the first team, Morgan seems to have lost his job permanently, and Henry has been starting CB lately mostly be default.

This nearly occurred in a match earlier this season when a 3-minute Osorio cameo was the only Canadian content. It could well happen later this season as well if Osorio is injured or has a run of bad form because Bekker is nowhere near the first team, Morgan seems to have lost his job permanently, and Henry has been starting CB lately mostly be default.

I could see it happening more often with all the talk about bringing in a creative attacking midfielder and Osario could be the odd one out depending on the formation they chose to play with the new influx of foreign talent. I just hope that it's Convey who falls to the wayside as plays die when he touches the ball.

No Teibert for us as he is on MNT duty. As much as I love to watch Teibert play I'm glad he's getting called up for the MNT. It is a great opportunity to play against other CONCACAF players and that will only help his development. Hurtzog was doing the right side and while he can run flat out for 90 like Russell his touch, moves and direction change with the ball are not anywhere as good. Best of luck to Russell in the Gold Cup and if Miller isn't playing him on the right side I'm going to lose it.

• 2 weeks later...

Stats so far:

Columbus Crew (1)

Drew Beckie - DF - 0 Games 0 Starts 0 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

D.C. United (3)

Dejan Jaković - DF - 10 Games 10 Starts 900 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Dwayne De Rosario - FW - 13 Games 10 Starts 896 Minutes 2 Goals 1 Assist

Kyle Porter - FW - 16 Games 12 Starts 1091 Minutes 1 Goal 1 Assist

Montreal Impact (5)

Maxime Crépeau - GK - 0 Games 0 Starts 0 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Karl W. Ouimette - DF - 4 Games 3 Starts 283 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Maxim Tissot - DF - 2 Games 1 Starts 92 Minutes 0 Goals 1 Assist

Patrice Bernier - MF - 17 Games 14 Starts 1304 Minutes 2 Goals 5 Assists

Zakaria Messoudi - MF - 0 Games 0 Starts 0 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Portland Timbers (1)

Will Johnson - MF - 17 Games 17 Starts 1530 Minutes 6 Goals 3 Assists

San Jose Earthquakes (1)

Nana Attakora - DF - 8 Games 7 Starts 657 Minutes 0 Goals 1 Assist

Toronto FC (6)

Quillan Roberts - GK - 0 Games 0 Starts 0 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Doneil Henry - DF - 7 Games 6 Starts 481 Minutes 0 Goals 1 Assist

Ashtone Morgan - DF - 7 Games 5 Starts 469 Minutes 0 Goals 1 Assist

Kyle Bekker - MF - 3 Games 1 Start 123 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Jonathan Osorio - MF - 15 Games 5 Starts 583 Minutes 3 Goals 0 Assists

Emery Welshman - FW - 1 Games 0 Starts 5 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Vancouver Whitecaps FC (4)

Simon Thomas - GK - 0 Games 0 Starts 0 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Bryce Alderson- MF - 0 Games 0 Starts 0 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Russell Teibert - MF - 11 Games 10 Starts 921 Minutes 2 Goals 6 Assists

Caleb Clarke - FW - 0 Games 0 Starts 0 Minutes 0 Goals 0 Assists

Most Impactful so far

July 7

-Patrice Bernier subbed on for the final 22 minutes and scored the tying goal in Montreal's 1-1 draw with Chivas USA.

-Kyle Porter started and was subbed off at the half in Dc's 0-0 draw with Colorado.

July 13

-Patrice Bernier played the entire match of Montreal's 4-0 loss to NYRB.

Archived