Canadians in MLS (2013 Season)

mulliganl

90 minutes for Bernier in Montreal's 5-3 win over Philly. Ouimette played the final 13 coming in for Brovsky.

90 minutes for Henry in Toronto's 2-0 loss in New England. Osorio came on for Lambe and played the entire second half.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Osorio & Henry start for TFC, Henry is sent off just before the half, Morgan plays the 2nd half, in a 1-1 draw with Philadelphia. Osorio scored the TFC goal to become the leading Canuck goal scorer in the MLS thus far this season. Henry got 2 yellows, the first for a scuffle started by the Union keeper after Henry kicked the ball out of the air as the keeper tried to kick it & Henry scored & after the keeper appeared to have handled the ball outside the 18 yard box.

Teibert plays 90 for Vancouver in a 2-1 win, while Bernier plays 90 in a 2-1 for Montreal.

Edit - Scratch what I said - Will Johnson has 4 goals so he's the leading Canuck scorer.

Teibert picked up an assist on the winning goal on a nice cross that Miller headed home.

He also fluffed up what should have been the 3-1 goal at close range, skying it over the bar. But another excellent game from Canadian Soccer Jesus and luckily the miss didn't matter.

He also fluffed up what should have been the 3-1 goal at close range, skying it over the bar. But another excellent game from Canadian Soccer Jesus and luckily the miss didn't matter.

I'm 99% positive the keeper got a slight touch of that.. not sure if it was enough to cause it to go over the bar or if it was goin over anyways.

I'm 99% positive the keeper got a slight touch of that.. not sure if it was enough to cause it to go over the bar or if it was goin over anyways.

That was brutal but at least the rest of what I saw of RT was quite good. How he missed the target entirely is hard to comprehend though. I know he said it deflected off the keeper but it looked like that was more of an effort to save face after a horrendous miss.

That was brutal but at least the rest of what I saw of RT was quite good. How he missed the target entirely is hard to comprehend though. I know he said it deflected off the keeper but it looked like that was more of an effort to save face after a horrendous miss.

I slow motion PVRed it, and watched it 10 times. As far as I can tell, it looked like it went off the keeper to me. Makes me wish MLS had EPL cameras though, but I honestly think RT is right.

I did not think it was an excellent game from him. He was not at the level he has been for the last few. He was barely visible in the first half. Made some turnovers in the second. Only started to really see him in the last 20 minutes or so when the Caps were up a man. The cross on the second goal was great but the miss was equally if not more awful. Like most of the Caps, he needs to raise his level on the road to match his great home performances.

Teibert picked up an assist on the winning goal on a nice cross that Miller headed home.

Thought it was also interesting how he cut in on his left and struck a decent shot that just missed the far post. One criticism about him has been his shooting ability, but that shot was an encouraging sign.

I did not think it was an excellent game from him. He was not at the level he has been for the last few. He was barely visible in the first half. Made some turnovers in the second. Only started to really see him in the last 20 minutes or so when the Caps were up a man. The cross on the second goal was great but the miss was equally if not more awful. Like most of the Caps, he needs to raise his level on the road to match his great home performances.

You could say that about almost all the players for the first half. 70-30 on possession, constant giveaways in midfield and very little attack. That was the first half. Thanks to Knighton stopping a bunch and NY wasting numerous opportunities we go in at the half 0-0. Second half was a much better outing especially when YP Lee came on for Klazura. Then things started happening and coincidentally that was when Russell started to really rock.

Given the way he has played I'd say Russell has worked himself into that right mid spot ahead of Kobayashi, Watson and whoever else plays right mid. Good to see. I really like him cutting in from the right, a'la Messi, and shooting. He put one past the far post by a yard or less so. Keep it up and finish those sitters (keeper deflection not withstanding you just gotta put those away).

Seattle Sounders 1 - 1 Vancouver Whitecaps after 10 minutes. Teibert with another assist on the Caps goal.

Edit: 2 -1 for the Whitecaps after 27 minutes and another assist for Teibert. First goal from a cross and the second from a free kick.

The match ends 3 - 2 for Seattle. Teibert played 90 minutes.

New blog post up with an XI of unattached and newly released Canadian and American players that should be on the radar of our pro teams: http://majorliguesoccer.com/2013/06/11/the-unattached-xi/

The season is over in most of Europe, and a host of Canadian and American players are among those that have been released in the past few weeks. Most will be trying to find another club in Europe, but opportunities in Canada have grown exponentially in recent years and will expand even more when Ottawa Fury joins the NASL next season. Along with a few MLS veterans who are still without a club in 2013, there are enough quality free agents to form an XI of players that should be on the radar of Canada’s pro teams during the business end of the season

New blog post up with an XI of unattached and newly released Canadian and American players that should be on the radar of our pro teams: http://majorliguesoccer.com/2013/06/11/the-unattached-xi/

" CB: Adam Straith (Canada/Saarbrücken). Straith is from Victoria and spent time with the Whitecaps Residency earlier in his career. At this point in the season, Vancouver could use another Canadian to provide cover for Jay DeMerit and Andy O’Brien’s tired legs. "

Damn right we could use him now at CB and in the future at RB perhaps?

He has one goal in the league so far.

Two now after tonight's game against TFC but he went off injured mid-2nd half. Osorio went the full 90 for TFC. No other Canadians played on either team.

From what I saw of DeRo tonight, he still has much to offer the national team - the problem with DC is that he has no-one to play with.

June 15

-Will Johnson plays 90 minutes in Portland's 1-0 win over FC Dallas.

-Patrice Bernier played the entire match of Montreal's 2-0 loss to Columbus.

-Nana Attakora played 90 in San Jose's 2-1 win over Colorado.

-As mentioned above, Russell Teibert assisted on Vancouver's third goal an played 90 in Vancouver's 4-3 win over New England.

Archived