Canadians in MLS (2013 Season)

mulliganl

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes and hopefully they will give him a contract and not just because he is Canadian. I thought he looked better than Dunfield against the USA and could be a younger improvement.

doubt JBB will get a contract with TFC. TFC has 27 spots filled, with 3 open. Assuming 1 spot is for the Argentinian DP striker and 2 for Honduran midfielders linked, no room for JBB. Also, John Bostock is apparently close to being signed.

And TFC is set at DM. Dunfield, Cesar, Stinson, J Hall, Russell

doubt JBB will get a contract with TFC. TFC has 27 spots filled, with 3 open. Assuming 1 spot is for the Argentinian DP striker and 2 for Honduran midfielders linked, no room for JBB. Also, John Bostock is apparently close to being signed.

And TFC is set at DM. Dunfield, Cesar, Stinson, J Hall, Russell

Except Toronto will have release some of the current internationals in order to signer more internationals. And based on what I saw with Canada, JJB looks like an upgrade on Dunfield and Hall. If he impresses they will find a way to sign him.

Except Toronto will have release some of the current internationals in order to signer more internationals. And based on what I saw with Canada, JJB looks like an upgrade on Dunfield and Hall. If he impresses they will find a way to sign him.

you don't know that. it's not like old MLS when you can release players at whim. most players will have guaranteed contracts, so unless Payne can manage to trade players...

you don't know that. it's not like old MLS when you can release players at whim. most players will have guaranteed contracts, so unless Payne can manage to trade players...

Then how would Toronto be able to add three international players (Argentinian DP striker and 2 for Honduran midfielders) with only one international spot open?

Then how would Toronto be able to add three international players (Argentinian DP striker and 2 for Honduran midfielders) with only one international spot open?

likely Payne will trade for at least 1 international spot. but we will see

Wouldn't the new Taylor Morgan news mean an extra spot?

I'm not sure myself as I haven't been keeping track of this.

March 2

-Ashtone Morgan and Kyle Bekker both played the entire match in TFC's 1-0 loss to Vancouver. Bekker's MLS debut. Terry Dunfield started and played 75 minutes picking up a yellow. Emery Welshman subbed on for the final 5 minutes, also his MLS debut.

March 3

-Will Johnson played 90 minutes for Portland in their 3-3 draw with New York. He assisted on the first goal.

March 9 - Ashtone Morgan plays 90 minutes for TFC in their 2-1 over Unsporting KC. Dunfield also starts & is subbed out late 2nd half for Jonathan Osorio, giving the young Canuck his pro debut. A fourth Canadian is subbed on even later with Kyle Bekker brought on late to help solidify the win. Emery Welshman stayed on the bench, with Roberts was not dressed. Henry & Stinson remain injured.

Jakovic also goes 90 for DC United in their 1-0 win over RSL, Kyle Porter played 32 minutes as a sub. De Ro still suspended.

March 16

-Dejan Jakovic plays the entire match in DC's 0-0 draw with NYRB. Dwayne De Rosario started and played 76 minutes. Kyle Porter didn't make it off DC's bench.

-Patrice Bernier went 90, drew a yellow card, scored a PK goal, assisted on Montreal's other goal and earned MOTM honours in Montreal's 2-1 win over TFC. Terry Dunfield played the entire match for TFC, whereas Ashtone Morgan started and played 65 minutes. Kyle Bekker subbed on for the final 30 minutes and Jonathan Osorio for the final 6.

-Will Johnson played 90 in Portland's 1-1 draw with Seattle.

March 16

-Dejan Jakovic plays the entire match in DC's 0-0 draw with NYRB. Dwayne De Rosario started and played 76 minutes. Kyle Porter didn't make it off DC's bench.

-Patrice Bernier went 90, drew a yellow card, scored a PK goal, assisted on Montreal's other goal and earned MOTM honours in Montreal's 2-1 win over TFC. Terry Dunfield played the entire match for TFC, whereas Ashtone Morgan started and played 65 minutes. Kyle Bekker subbed on for the final 30 minutes and Jonathan Osorio for the final 6.

-Will Johnson played 90 in Portland's 1-1 draw with Seattle.

Ethan Finlay got some minutes with Columbus. Could he be another Will Johnson for us at some point? I find it funny that the only questions about Ante Jazic's status come from us. Not a peep that I can find from Chivas fans or otherwise. Maybe he's tied to a pole in east LA or something.

March 16

Ashtone Morgan started and played 65 minutes.

I have not been impressed with his play on the ball lately. Is it just me here? He does not look confident with the ball at his feet and is too eager to play a long ball to get himself out of trouble. I think he will lose his starting spot soon.

I have not been impressed with his play on the ball lately. Is it just me here? He does not look confident with the ball at his feet and is too eager to play a long ball to get himself out of trouble. I think he will lose his starting spot soon.

His replacement, Russell, played very positively on the other hand. I agree with you that he'll lose his spot and the only thing he may have going for him over other options is that he's a left footer.

Thought Dunfield had a very solid, if unspectacular (as usual), match. He's someone you can slot into an MLS XI to play a solid support role and that's fine by me but we need someone to play next to him who can go forward.

No, you're on the money unfortunately. Ashton is really only effective going forward when he has space to operate or a full head of steam to take the ball deep and cross it in on his left foot. Teams are pressuring him early and forcing him to make bad decisions.

He really has some things to clean up if he's going to progress in his career.

Patrice Bernier also played 90 for Montreal.

Nana Attakora started and played 90 minutes for San Jose against Seattle. 1-0 win for San Jose and a deserved clean sheet for the Quakes. Two new centrebacks in the line up and they filled in quite well.

Kyle Porter was a 31st minute substitute for DeLeon in DC United's 2-1 loss to Columbus. Dwayne De Rosario played 90 minutes.

Ethan Finlay subbed in for Columbus in the 88th minute.

Archived