The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

I'm not sure if this is the thread to put this in but Hart was on Soccer Saturday this morning and Dobson asked him about Hoilett and he reiterated that nothing had changed and that Junior wanted to get his club situation sorted before deciding on a national team! To me this doesn't sound good, there really shouldn't be an international decision to make, we'll see! He also mentioned that work is being done with Canada Immigration and FIFA for JDG2 and that they will be meeting face to face soon!

who will be meeting face to face?....JDG2 and hart, Canada immigration and FIFA or FIFA and JDG2?

Looks as though February is going to provide some really interesting information. WCQ locations, Hart's talk with JDG2, new centennial jerseys, pre-season matches for the Canadian MLS sides, and we'll get to see where Hoilett fits into Blackburn's picture for the rest of the EPL season (well, I guess we sort of get that this month, but roll with me please).

How many year since a cap before you can play for another country?

To be fair, even as a nationalist, if you have the choice between making the world cup and maybe winning it, it is no choice at all.

Junior hasn't been cap tied by any country. And if a player has been cap tied there's a possibility you can switch allegiances once depending on the circumstances but time isn't one of them. Someone else here can go into the specifics.

To be fair, even as a nationalist, if you have the choice between making the world cup and maybe winning it, it is no choice at all.

Really? If you have a choice between taking YOUR country to the World Cup for the first time in over 25 years, and potentially (in England's case, a very low potential) winning a World Cup with some country which you've lived in for a couple years you'd chose the latter. I think you'd find most people on here disagree.

Soju said:
^England maybe winning the world cup hahahahahahaha. Let's keep this thread reasonably serious please.

I would want to struggle with Canada. And maybe, one day, make the world cup.

Edited by Bully

Better that then have your heart broken every 4 years on penalty kicks or dumb red cards... (sorry couldn't resist).

Definition: Soccer- a game played between two teams of eleven players in which the team designated as ENGLAND lose to the team designated as GERMANY, on Penalties. If you dont mind....;)

PS.Funniest thing of the 2010, WC? ...Watching German fans running around screaming "JUSTICE AT LAST!" at the top of their voices. :D

I know he hasn't been capped but I ask because I wonder if he does not want to be tied to Canada?

That is the golden question in the end, and one that we, unfortunately, are going to find out the hard way. We can all hope, but it really comes down to Hart selling the MNT and the idea that he could be part of the first CMNT to reach the World Cup since '86. I wonder how much JDG2 capping for us would influence Jr.'s decision? Perhaps this thread should be renamed "The Importance of JDG2"?

Yes. He'll go somewhere on a Bosman this summer - It's possible he could sign a pre-contract b/w now and July 1 with any team.

So he can sign a contract with another team before this season is up? As in stay and finish the season at Rovers but join a new club at the beginning of next season?

I guess they don't do free agency like the big four in NA?

I think that we are about to lose Hoillet :mad::mad::mad:

New Boyz Coming

Published: Sunday | January 29, 20120 Comments

Jermaine Beckford ... plays for Leicester City in the English Championships. - File

Nodley Wright, Sunday Gleaner Writer

The Reggae Boyz could be taken more seriously in a very short while with the possibility of three high-profile England-based additions to the unit.

Blackburn Rovers livewire David "Junior" Hoilett, Leicester City's hitman Jermaine Beckford, and Bolton Wanderers' midfield steel Darren Pratley could soon be available to coach Theodore Whitmore for selection. That the players could soon be taking instructions from Whitmore was confirmed by Jamaica Football Federation president, Captain Horace Burrell, yesterday.

"Right now, I am in touch with his father. We spoke at length and we are hoping that plans will work out," Burrell said of Hoilett.

"His father hails from Ocho Rios, speaks with a strong Jamaican accent and is a proud Jamaican. In fact, he was overwhelmed when we called him. What I can say is that we have the seal of approval from his father who promised to have a father/son discussion with him and guide him in the right way."

Offer to represent Canada

The 21-year-old lightning-quick winger, who was the subject of a number of speculations linking him to more highly placed clubs than Blackburn for figures ranging from £8m-£15, was reported to have turned down an offer to represent Canada on the instructions of his father, who serves as his adviser. The reported reason was that his father felt that Jamaica would have been a better fit for the Canada-born star.

Beckford a 6' 2" goalscorer, who stood out for Leeds before earning a dream premiership move to Everton in 2010, transferred to Championship team Leicester City at the end of season for £2.5m after a reasonable season and has been a hit since. Just yesterday he struck a double for Leicester, who recorded a 2-0 win over Swindon Town in the FA Cup. It was Beckford's 14th goal in 14 FA Cup matches.

Beckford interested

"Myself and general secretary Horace Reid attended a game in Leicester City and had a lengthy chat with Jermaine (Beckford) after the game. He is extremely interested and our internal staff is extremely busy in proceeding with the necessary paperwork," Burrell said of the 28-year-old, who started out as a Chelsea trainee, indicating that only a passport stands between the player and an official Jamaica cap.

Like Beckford, Pratley was also watched by Reid and Burrell during a recent visit to the United Kingdom.

"We attended a Bolton game and we had an interview with Pratley. He is excited about the prospects of representing Jamaica and, as with Beckford, the internal staff is working on the necessary paperwork," Burrell said of the six-footer.

Pratley, a former mainstay at Queens Park Rangers before transferring to Bolton Wanderers in July 2011, first came on the Jamaica radar in January 2009, when he was invited by then coach John Barnes for a friendly international against Nigeria on February 11 of that year. The midfielder, who qualifies to represent Jamaica through his grandparents, pulled out of the friendly after suffering a broken shoulder shortly before the game.

Well, we'll have to see how things pan out. This could just be a writer taking liberties on speculation, or it could be the real deal and he'll be a Jama in the next round. Maybe we need to put a little pressure on our media to explore the idea of Jr. dressed in Red and White and to do some speculation of their own?