The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

I realize he's taking his time and weighing out his options but c'mon he's established himself at Blackburn and should at least give an indicator on his international selection before he signs a contract

Unfortunately I think his silence is an indicator. He's waiting for England to come calling...but until then, I continue to hope!

Unfortunately I think his silence is an indicator. He's waiting for England to come calling...but until then, I continue to hope!

He'll be waiting a long time.

Seriously he has no real qualification rights does he? Think about it.... If he needs a work permit to remain in the UK then he's got more hoops than QPR to jump through before getting citizenship anyway.

He's candian born with Jamaican Parents, who's own DOBs (I presume) post date Jamaican Independence, and no longer hold the same status John Barnes did when played for England. JB lived in the UK from 13 years old (five year school rule, as per Jordan Rhodes- currently selected by scotland as he lived there when his dad played for Motherwell and dunfirmaline).

His Parents were Pre-Independence Jamaicans, which back in the 1950's afforded them British Citizenship (his father was a diplomat I believe, which would have made the passport aquisition almost obligatory).

Seriously if someone can show me what his qualification to play for england is then fine, but honestly I would not worry so much. As for Jamaica that's another story.

The Jordan Rhodes call up makes an intresting Parallell. Although he's English born he was attending school for Five years in Scotland, when his Dad played there, thus he meets the FIFA schools classification. His Britishpassport does not have any leaverage in the matter.

As a side Note I watched the Highlights of last instalment of "Farce: Thy name be Blackburn Rovers" on Satanic TV last night (well it was halloween) Dave's gaol was a beaut! Really don't Understand why he has not been called up to Seniors before now.

If he's playing for ,and some extent leading, his club at senior Level why on earth continue the debate over him playing U21, U23?

There is an old saying If your good enough your old Enough. Rooney's Senior cap at 17 and Owen's (thats Michael by the way) Senior cap at 18 are testimont to that. I'm sure we can think of others.

Call him up for the next qualifier or tell him to ship out!

# I forgot Walcotte and Whiltshire who "seniored" Whist under 22 years of age, but I think you get my point.

Edited by alberta white
#additional Information

Junior apparently rejected the latest contract offer from Blackburn so speculation regarding his club future will continue until at least January which will continue to give him an excuse not to commit internationally. (not that I buy the club uncertainty as being a real reason not to commit to a natioanl team).

Call him up for the next qualifier or tell him to ship out!

I'd love to take that stand but we need to find a way to include any and all high quality players so until he is capped somewhere else I would not close the door on Junior.

Junior apparently rejected the latest contract offer from Blackburn so speculation regarding his club future will continue until at least January which will continue to give him an excuse not to commit internationally. (not that I buy the club uncertainty as being a real reason not to commit to a natioanl team).

I'd love to take that stand but we need to find a way to include any and all high quality players so until he is capped somewhere else I would not close the door on Junior.

His nationality may have been an issue when he was a fringe player looking to maintain his work Permit. I would suggest that his exploits this season would have made this a significantly minor factor.

partially disagree - while any new club is going to ask about his international intentions, in the meantime, he's better off not declaring anything. Sign the contract (with whomever) and then he can declare to start playing in the next round of the hex.

And yes, of course it will be with the seniors - that was never in discussion was it?

18 million pounds is an insane valuation for a player who will be out of contract in the summer. Blackburn are likely asking this to deter anyone bidding because if they have any hope of avoiding relegation they need to keep Junior. The cost of dropping out of the Premiership will be far greater than anything they could get for Junior in a January Transfer.

They'd get a few million in comp. probably, but the cost of going down to the Championship is missing out on 25M GBP per season. The chances of a club like Blackburn promoting back up isn't a sure thing either so they need to do everything they can to stay up.

Quite frankly I think Junior is overvalued plain and simple. He isn't a game changer for Rovers, nor is he being looked at by any other massive clubs from elsewhere in Europe.

Unless he suits up for us he can go down to the Championship for all I care.

Quite frankly I think Junior is overvalued plain and simple. He isn't a game changer for Rovers, nor is he being looked at by any other massive clubs from elsewhere in Europe.

Unless he suits up for us he can go down to the Championship for all I care.

Overvalued in what way? At 18 million Pounds, I'd be inclined to agree. As a Premiership player with a bright future who could potentially turn into being a solid premier league attacker, I completely disagree. As a difference-maker for our MNT: you'd be mental if you didn't think he'd have massive value us.

Edited by maccaliam
typo

Guest Brethers

He is showing more for Blackburn than Young did for Watford. If he gets the right move he could easily be one of the brightest talents in the Premiership. I honestly believe that. He has more about him than some players at big clubs (aaron lennon, he also has a better delivery than walcott, you look at what downing has done this season and think david is doing at the very least no worse). The 18 mil is to pressure clubs, if they really want him then they'll offer around that figure. If Blackburn get 15 or 16 for him they'll be laughing. But if it puts teams off then waheey he's there till at least the end of the season