The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

His agent has at the game today (Armenia v Canada) he spoke to Gavin Day (rednationonline/freelance journalist)

These are his tweets

Gavin Day ‏ @gavinlday

Junior Hoilett's agent was at the game today. Also agent for Sam Piette. Says Hoilett's had some interest from Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs.

Gavin Day ‏ @gavinlday Close

He says Hoilett wants to play for Canada but father is rather insistent he play for Jamaica... #canMNT

https://twitter.com/#!/gavinlday

I read those tweets too! If Junior Hoilett at his age can't do what HE wants to do and ends up playing for Jamaica that is really pathetic and I would suggest the two of them not bother setting foot in this country again! That's all!

There is a difference between nudging, and insisting.

Yes there is, but we're not on the inside here. If my dad wanted me to do something, even if I was vaguely inclined to do something else, I'd give my dad's perspective serious consideration because I like him and respect him. If I was raised with respect and love for Jamaica, and as a young Canadian developed respect and love for Canada, and there was my dad's voice behind me suggesting his homeland, that would be meaningful. Even if he just wanted me to play for Jamaica and wasn't threatening to disown me or anything crazy.

After watching Armenia ... Hoilett's importance is incalculable! :)

That's the thing, we couldn't possibly look that bad with Junior and JDG2 thrown into the mix, could we? I would think that they would just add a dimension to this team that is missing, good possesion, ball control and offensive threats!

That's the thing, we couldn't possibly look that bad with Junior and JDG2 thrown into the mix, could we? I would think that they would just add a dimension to this team that is missing, good possesion, ball control and offensive threats!

Maybe they end up not giving their best because playing for Canada is a big party and you get to catch up with friends...

Maybe they end up not giving their best because playing for Canada is a big party and you get to catch up with friends...

Like in the past WCQ against Jamaica, where certain players were seen celebrating at parties/clubs? ;-)

What we need are players WHO JUST ABSOLUTELY HATE LOSING. If they want to be with some friends after a poor match, perhaps it would be advisable to keep it very low-key, as losing or trying a home match is disasterous.

But having JDG2 and Junior can only help our chances at qualifying, and at the very least, perhaps bring some confidence to our squad. When I look back at the 2007 Gold Cup and saw a confident Canada play against the U.S., I thought anything was possible.

deployed properly we wouldnt, those two players are exactly what we are missing almost like a bad Omen.

like going to a gunfight with just the holster.

Regarding his father's influence over his decisions... I think the fact that Hoilett Sr. is no longer his manager is a promising sign. Our result against Armenia not so much...

I hope he becomes a Gunner... if Arsene knows one thing, it's nurturing young talent... he'd set him straight... I hope.

Set him straight about what? Jr. is doing great at Blackburn. Arsene would help him become a better player but that would simply come by playing with the guys at Arsenal.

Sounds like Arsenal is after Podolski and Robben though so.....(can't see Robben signing there .... especially if RVP leaves but....)

Set him straight about what? Jr. is doing great at Blackburn. Arsene would help him become a better player but that would simply come by playing with the guys at Arsenal.

Sounds like Arsenal is after Podolski and Robben though so.....(can't see Robben signing there .... especially if RVP leaves but....)

Arsenal would be the perfect place to develop his game, as they are experts at developing good young attacking players. That said there would be a lot of competition in the 2 wide position he would play in the Arsenal system Alex Oxalade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Gervinho, Myachi possibly Podolski so I think for those reasons it would be unlikely they would be after him but if they do he would probably benefit greatly.

How to track back effectively... for one... great is an over statement... he is still mostly potential.. as he should be at 21.

And about what... everything to do with football... some of the greatest in the game THE GAME studied at Arsenal... Look at what players like Henry, Van Persie, Cesc were before they became gunners, and what they became.

Moreover... I'm sure he would help him make the right decision for him, regarding international football. All this aside... Arsenal have a lot of wingers... and I don't see space for him there now... but you never know.

I'm sure he would help him make the right decision for him, regarding international football.

So Jr. won't be playing international football at all? LOL! He's always bitching about his players getting injured when they go on international duty, i'm sure he couldn't give 2 f@cks about Jr. playing for Canada or anyone at all for that matter.

^this.

Sorry Wingback but I think yer too hard on Jr. right now. He plays in a system at Blackburn where he probably isn't expected to track back. No way the fans would love him as they do and let him slide defensively if his purpose wasn't to defend. I know Junior isn't exactly Oxlade-Chamberlain but he's an outstanding young player that doesn't need to "be set straight." Just needs a higher level environment to continue his upswing. I'd love to see him go play in Germany where they play such a fluid attacking game....Dortmund!

Guest Brethers

I have noticed some Blackburn fans commenting on BBC saying that Hoilett isn't as amazing as everyone seems to be thinking, in particular due to his poor defensive work. I think to say that he isn't expected to track back is wrong, because I think he is and that is what annoys Balckburn fans. This is why Blackburn are near the bottom, defensive work from their team is poor. David is in the team because of his attacking qualities, and he excels in that regard no doubting that. However I think he needs a better manager than Kean to get him to work more on his defensive side if he is going to be used as a winger. I don't think Arsenal is going to give him that. Newcastle yes, Spurs possibly, Sunderland yes.

I'd love Sunderland to go for him, O'Neill is a top top manager and he'd shape is game well. You only need to see what he did for Ashley Young and his career to know that

Edited by Brethers

I have noticed some Blackburn fans commenting on BBC saying that Hoilett isn't as amazing as everyone seems to be thinking, in particular due to his poor defensive work. I think to say that he isn't expected to track back is wrong, because I think he is and that is what annoys Balckburn fans. This is why Blackburn are near the bottom, defensive work from their team is poor. David is in the team because of his attacking qualities, and he excels in that regard no doubting that. However I think he needs a better manager than Kean to get him to work more on his defensive side if he is going to be used as a winger. I don't think Arsenal is going to give him that. Newcastle yes, Spurs possibly, Sunderland yes.

I'd love Sunderland to go for him, O'Neill is a top top manager and he'd shape is game well. You only need to see what he did for Ashley Young and his career to know that

I've not seen enough of Blackburn to ventrue an opinion, but I always urge caution when it comes to what fans are saying, especially fans who might be feeling spurned or annoyed that he is leave on a Bosman. Not to say that they might not be right...