CMNT Friendly against Ecuador June 1: Toronto's BMO Field

hamiltonfan

I used to live St. Clair west, just east of Dufferin. During the 2006 World Cup, I noticed a patch of Ecudorian support before you got to Corso Italia. There were a few shops/cafes in a row all supporting their flag with people out on the streets.

They will had some good support, hopefully the CSA pumps up the Gold Cup and that match so we have a good showing ourselves. Our team doesn't get enough marketing to the general public!

A few of us here went to Renna's a few years back whereby a Copa America match involving Peru and Ecuador was being played. This was a big joint. Its setup is made to accommodate large numbers for events like this and the place was something like 85 percent Ecuadoran support. I never imagine their numbers could be that large.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except the location hasn't been confirmed has it? I'd love to see it somewhere other than Toronto - Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City? It probably depends on where they'll be training of course.

It's gotta be Toronto, its our national stadium close to Detroit and has an international airport where players will be flying into

Except the location hasn't been confirmed has it? I'd love to see it somewhere other than Toronto - Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City? It probably depends on where they'll be training of course.

As much as I'd love that, Ottawa is out of the question for another couple years as we don't have an adequate stadium. I'd love this game to plaid somewhere other than Montreal, Toronto or Edmonton. Forgetting about logistics it would be great to play the game in Vancouver at Empire or at the new stadium in Moncton.

Let me state first that I think the game will probably be played at BMO. I have no big problem with that. But the logistics to have the match played anywhere else in Canada aren't so crazy. I don't think this is news to anybody, but it doesn't take 6 days to travel from Vancouver to Detroit, or adjust to the new time zone. Players from Europe should be gathering well in advance of June 1st, so it's not like an eastern Canada locale is necessary.

They'll likely hold a training camp at the Nottawasaga Inn in Alliston (it's a CSA favourite, much like Sunrise, Florida in the winter months), which lends itself to a Toronto match.

That, plus the CSA is obligated for X number of matches at BMO per year.

They'll likely hold a training camp at the Nottawasaga Inn in Alliston (it's a CSA favourite, much like Sunrise, Florida in the winter months), which lends itself to a Toronto match.

That, plus the CSA is obligated for X number of matches at BMO per year.

Really? I didn't know they were obligated to play any, I guess that came with the "National Stadium" designation. That's good, at least there's some contractual obligation for the CSA to schedule friendlies at home.

Ecuador ranked 49th by fifa

They got a couple of good players in Antonio Valencia from Manchester United as well as Jefferson Montero who plays for Levante

It should be a good game, now does anybody know how many Ecuadorians live in Toronto? :P

Don't forget Felipe Caicedo...10 goals in La Liga so far this year. Christian Noboa who captains Rubin Kazan and Chuco Benitez...played on Birmingham last year but now on Santos in Mexico. Let's go Ecua!!!! I hope this game takes place in Toronto and doesn't get moved to Montreal like last year!

don't forget felipe caicedo...10 goals in la liga so far this year. Christian noboa who captains rubin kazan and chuco benitez...played on birmingham last year but now on santos in mexico. Let's go ecua!!!! I hope this game takes place in toronto and doesn't get moved to montreal like last year!

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Considering this game is on a Wednesday night the attendance could be terrible if it is not priced properly. If the prices are anything like the Peru game expect lots of empty seats.

Just sing/cheer louder. Everyone bring a megaphone!

Archived