CMNT Friendly against Ecuador June 1: Toronto's BMO Field

hamiltonfan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news, just sold 8 tickets to go with the 2 i already got. :D

Bad news, one of the 8 was born and raised in....Ecuador. It's my older brother's girlfriend. Anyone foresee this being a terribly bad idea? I mean, she's aware of where she's going to be sitting and will not be offended by some good natured ribbing if things go our way, but does anyone think this could be ugly? I mean, we're Canadians so I figured it will be alright..

Let me know!

Bad news, one of the 8 was born and raised in....Ecuador. It's my older brother's girlfriend. Anyone foresee this being a terribly bad idea? I mean, she's aware of where she's going to be sitting and will not be offended by some good natured ribbing if things go our way, but does anyone think this could be ugly? I mean, we're Canadians so I figured it will be alright..

Let me know!

It's one girl with canadian friends, IMO it's fine. For the WQC in Toronto there were Jamaicans that were in the middle of the Vees section. They got taunted, but they werent dicks. It's when people want to start something that trouble pops up, this is fine im sure.

Let me know!

It's fine, but Ecuador colors are not allowed in the section. The whole south end is slated this way, but our sections it should be enforced by security.

Let me know!

Not knowing your brother's gf it's hard to know, I can say she better not be easily offended because at the Peru match the supporters were doing a great job of taunting their keeper in Spanish, he even shanked a goal kick much to the delight of the section! I don't know what was said in Spanish but at one point two women with Peru shirts on at the front of the section left in utter disgust! Being the gentleman that I am I felt bad for them at first but upon some reflection realized there is no way on earth that they should have been in the front of a Home team's supporters section, that's just asking for trouble anywhere on this planet! We should not have to control our enthusiasm and behaviour because of visiting support being offended, it's our house!

Thanks for the feedback. I've not sat with you guys so I wasn't entirely sure what's allowed.

She won't be offended or looking to cause trouble, she's an overly nice person. I'll be sure to let her know about the colors, shouldn't be a problem!

Reminder: The deadline to buy tickets through the Voyageurs is May 10. If you're planning to come to the game, get your tickets now (or pay higher prices to sit in a crappier section).

I bought 4. Taking two of my cousins who have never been to a soccer game before, and it'll me my Dad's first CMNT game since Belize in Kingston.

How do we get the tickets? Are they emailed to the accounts we used with paypal?

I bought 4. Taking two of my cousins who have never been to a soccer game before, and it'll me my Dad's first CMNT game since Belize in Kingston.

How do we get the tickets? Are they emailed to the accounts we used with paypal?

Yup, should be getting the tickets today.

Let me know!

I was at the Peru match and there was quite a few fights all started by Peru fans and lack of intelligent security. They were pretty much all started when some Peru fan from the other side of the stadium would enter the supporters section with the intent of causing trouble and riling up the section. Security doesn't even care until someone gets punched in the face, which is dumb on their part. No one from the Canadian supporter section is going to go out of their way to cause trouble though. Technically, there's supposed to no Peru supporters in the Canadian section for security reasons, but no one is enforcing it.

I was at the Peru match and there was quite a few fights all started by Peru fans and lack of intelligent security. They were pretty much all started when some Peru fan from the other side of the stadium would enter the supporters section with the intent of causing trouble and riling up the section. Security doesn't even care until someone gets punched in the face, which is dumb on their part. No one from the Canadian supporter section is going to go out of their way to cause trouble though. Technically, there's supposed to no Peru supporters in the Canadian section for security reasons, but no one is enforcing it.

It's 'supposed' to be different this time.

Archived