CMNT Friendly against Ecuador June 1: Toronto's BMO Field

hamiltonfan

I dont think official game time has been released, however expect a 7-8pm start time.

Also, I spoke with FortYorkRedcoat and Boris (RPB Pres) last night about ticket release and they said they were communicating to the CSA for very cheap tickets, so its nice to know someone is working behind the scenes for us.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think official game time has been released, however expect a 7-8pm start time.

Also, I spoke with FortYorkRedcoat and Boris (RPB Pres) last night about ticket release and they said they were communicating to the CSA for very cheap tickets, so its nice to know someone is working behind the scenes for us.

The prices are not exactly finalized yet. Should be released on Thursday.

The discussions we had went really really well.

eh ..... if i am down in alberta to finish my apprenticeship schooling at the time then i'll hop on a plane for a few hundred bucks. otherwise the $1200 to and fro from whitehorse is prohibitive. plus the cost of booze would be exorbitant hanging with you lot.

weeeee shall see.

in the mean time, jump on this match kids. we didn't perform as well as we should have our last time against ecuador and i'd like to punch them right in the ovaries. please strike them there for me.

I believe there is a CSA presser on right now. Among the details coming out:

- Match will be televised live on Sportsnet in all 4 regions

- Tickets go on sale to general public April 20th, presale on the 18th and 19th

- Prices are:

Seating Category Price Sections

Club $75 123

Red $50 122/124

$40 107/108

$25 101/102/103/128/129/130

Dark grey $50 121/125

$40 106/109

Medium grey $30 105/110/120/126

Light grey $25 104/111/119/127

Yellow $20 112/113/114/115/116/117/118

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4747

Team Canada Soccer Practise Report

Len Grammenopoulos April 14th, 2011

Canada's Men's National Team is preparing for the the Gold Cup, starting with the upcoming International Friendly this June 1st in Toronto against Ecuador.

Interesting note that we could have played either of two European countries instead. Hart explains why Ecuador - JM.

http://rednationonline.ca/Hartsetsprioritiesfor2011.aspx

Here are a few quotes from the conference

"We had two European countries willing to come and play," confirmed Hart.

"Ecuador though, their style and athleticism matched with teams we'll be playing at the Gold Cup. They are on a high trying to build their program back up and would be a very good preparation game for us."

"Many players on Ecuador would be looking to prove themselves to the coach and give us the kind of game needed going into a competitive tournament."

Re - Gold Cup Squad, aims for tourney and WC Qualifying

"We have a good idea of the squad," Hart continues, "This time around one of the big decisions is what kind of squad to bring in? This is based on number one: Who is available? But also number two: we are still unsure about what the World Cup Qualifying format will be for CONCACAF, which will determine and be a big factor into the type of squad we bring and what our aims are."

That a boy Jamie,

and Razcle is 100 correct. If these tickets were all 50 dollars, we would still buy one so we should start thinking about this from a different angle. There is no excuse that we dont all buy 3 or 4 each and bring a friend.

That a boy Jamie,

and Razcle is 100 correct. If these tickets were all 50 dollars, we would still buy one so we should start thinking about this from a different angle. There is no excuse that we dont all buy 3 or 4 each and bring attractive single women.

Fixed your post.

Ok. Not to alarm you, but to alarm you all the same...

Ecuador game is gonna make the Peru game look like it was a sold out crowd for Canada.

They are already securing sections before anything has gone on sale.

Time to call that weird cousin of yours you never talk to. June 1st they are going to a Canada game.

Get on it. Tickets on sale soon when the service charge is finalized. Might just start selling them at $17 tonight.

http://rednationonline.ca/Hartsetsprioritiesfor2011.aspx

Here are a few quotes from the conference

"We had two European countries willing to come and play," confirmed Hart.

"Ecuador though, their style and athleticism matched with teams we'll be playing at the Gold Cup. They are on a high trying to build their program back up and would be a very good preparation game for us."

"Many players on Ecuador would be looking to prove themselves to the coach and give us the kind of game needed going into a competitive tournament."

Re - Gold Cup Squad, aims for tourney and WC Qualifying

"We have a good idea of the squad," Hart continues, "This time around one of the big decisions is what kind of squad to bring in? This is based on number one: Who is available? But also number two: we are still unsure about what the World Cup Qualifying format will be for CONCACAF, which will determine and be a big factor into the type of squad we bring and what our aims are."

I was at the presser too, and I put together a report for MLSsoccer.com. Hart: World Cup qualification "everything" to Canada

Archived