Here it comes - Official

quote:Originally posted by k-town

Could someone please send me the v's password. I'm on the half of the e'mails that was left off and thought it would be safe to wait until tomorrow but as the day goes on, I'm having my doubts about that. Does the v's password work for more than 15 people? Thanks.

you jamaicans aren't too bright....

"I'm on the half of the e'mails that was left off"

looks like a sentence straight off the gae boyz board ^

and the name k-town?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D

The paranoia on this board is awesome. I'm a HUGE fan of conspiracy theories.

That being said, newbies shouldn't take this all personal, we (the Vs) need to exercise due caution and it's not like we're banning anyone from the stadium. We're just asking them to be patient.

Anyway, everyone should be happy to know I've got my SHAW Internet issues worked out to my complete satisfaction, Thank you SHAW, so starting tonight have no fear. All future mailers from A to Zee will go out in a single sitting.

P.S. The most I can say (and honestly from a privacy viewpoint it's too much actually) is that K-Town is a Canadian poster. Does that mean anything? Possibly not. But let's keep the witch hunts for the middle ages shall we?

P.S.S. That being said, the release of the promo code was a private and personal transaction and not meant for third parties. I ask the standing Vs not to divulge the code for outside use.

Cheeta

(aka The Lone Gunman)

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

:D

The paranoia on this board is awesome. I'm a HUGE fan of conspiracy theories.

That being said, newbies shouldn't take this all personal, we (the Vs) need to exercise due caution and it's not like we're banning anyone from the stadium. We're just asking them to be patient.

Anyway, everyone should be happy to know I've got my SHAW Internet issues worked out to my complete satisfaction, Thank you SHAW, so starting tonight have no fear. All future mailers from A to Zee will go out in a single sitting.

P.S. The most I can say (and honestly from a privacy viewpoint it's too much actually) is that K-Town is a Canadian poster. Does that mean anything? Possibly not. But let's keep the witch hunts for the middle ages shall we?

P.S.S. That being said, the release of the promo code was a private and personal transaction and not meant for third parties. I ask the standing Vs not to divulge the code for outside use.

Cheeta

(aka The Lone Gunman)

Still you have to be careful. Someone posted on the u sector board a link that he had found on craigslist today whereby already someone was trying to scalp the tickets for 275$. The only way that could have been done is access through one of these presale codes.

Yes, I know we want more people to our group here and I am not being paranoid, but I noted in this thread already people with one post asking for tickets. Its due to scalpers that we end up with situation that we had in the U20 game whereby the the game was sold out well before the groups were revealed and yet so many Chileans managed to get tickets.

I'm going to suggest that the paranoia is going to hurt the growth of the v's. I saw v's at Belize and SVG games and have been lurking, but joined like others (and every Jamaican in the hemisphere apparently) for the code.

Anyway, turns out it is not too difficult to get tickets as long as you are willing to sit somewhere other than 104. I guessed the OSA password in 3 attempts. Then when I called, I discovered that if you were ordering more than 14 tickets, the password was even simplier. Then I got the TFC password just because I'm on the waiting list for season tickets.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Thanks Cheeta, appreciate the effort in getting the code out, and congratulations on slaying the Shaw e-mail proxy beast. ;) Really looking forward to the Montreal code.

RPB Tickets are sold out all 530(sec 112-114) now RPB will try to get whole sec 115-116 hopefully this will be sold out fast too :)

And the TFC code went to the Red and Gold List as well, not just the season ticket holders.

For some reason the pre-sale code for tomorrows TFC ticket holders was not sent to me despite the fact that I own a half-season package. Would someone be so kind as to send it to me. It would really be appreciated.

quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

RPB Tickets are sold out all 530(sec 112-114)

This is misleading. RPB didn't buy out these three sections, they simply have tickets in all three.

Section 113 on it's own has around 600 seats.

If you're going to big up the TFC supporters group, give respect to all three (U-Sector bought over 600 tickets, NEE another 300 or so). Not to mention SSJ that bought 100 ;)

One possible solution to the problem would be to have the CSA actually designate these sections as Canadian Supporter Sections and that it warns people on ticketmaster. That way if we don't pick up all the tickets in a section we won't have families sitting behind us. It also would be good for promotion purposes. It would make sense from a security stand-point as well.

"This section is for Canadian fans only. Any opposition supporters purchasing tickets in this section will be removed from the stadium and no refund issued. Also be advised that this section is standing only, and more suited for those ages 18 and over."

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

One possible solution to the problem would be to have the CSA actually designate these sections as Canadian Supporter Sections and that it warns people on ticketmaster. That way if we don't pick up all the tickets in a section we won't have families sitting behind us. It also would be good for promotion purposes. It would make sense from a security stand-point as well.

Problem with what you are proposing is that ( by itself) it doesn't prevent anbody who is not a canadian supporter from buying tickets in those sections designated Canadian supporters sections, including scalpers and entities with the intent of reselling for supporters of visiting sides. besides it not like we have an official membership list or similar to know who is actaully a supporter.

Families is not the problem at international matches. I really havent noticed a family entourage at international matches anyways, unlike, say, going to a Mopntreal Impact game. Instead, the objective should be to ensure that Canadian supporters have access and availability to tickets at a fair price and seated ( not spead out ) toegther. That way you can create a supportive environment for the team.

The Chile versus canada was prime example of a failure and what we should be working to avoid. Sure there were families in there but all Canadian supporters bought tickets through their own individual initiative. So, everybody who needed to be there was there; but all spread out amongst the families. Whereby , by going through scalpers and resale entities, the 30% or so Chileans were all grouped together. as such it sounded like a home game for Chile.

Archived