Here it comes - Official

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Problem with what you are proposing is that ( by itself) it doesn't prevent anbody who is not a canadian supporter from buying tickets in those sections designated Canadian supporters sections, including scalpers and entities with the intent of reselling for supporters of visiting sides. besides it not like we have an official membership list or similar to know who is actaully a supporter.

Families is not the problem at international matches. I really havent noticed a family entourage at international matches anyways, unlike, say, going to a Mopntreal Impact game. Instead, the objective should be to ensure that Canadian supporters have access and availability to tickets at a fair price and seated ( not spead out ) toegther. That way you can create a supportive environment for the team.

The Chile versus canada was prime example of a failure and what we should be working to avoid. Sure there were families in there but all Canadian supporters bought tickets through their own individual initiative. So, everybody who needed to be there was there; but all spread out amongst the families. Whereby , by going through scalpers and resale entities, the 30% or so Chileans were all grouped together. as such it sounded like a home game for Chile.

What I meant to say in the first sentence was: "One possible solution to the problem would be to have the CSA actually designate these sections as for Canadian Fans" rather than "Supporters". The message is still clear though. If you're an opposition fan, and you do buy tickets in the home crowd support you'll be ejected, so buy other seats. This is done everywhere in Europe and it's to keep the peace. It would be security's job to follow through and eject any opposition supporters from our section who shouldn't be there. And for the over 18 warning, it's just that a warning. Don't blame Ticketmaster or the CSA when you're 5 year old is shouting along, "We're Red, We're White, We're F#$^ing dynamite..." It would also be good promotion for other fans that haven't heard of the V's, to choose to sit with other like minded home fans.

I still think we should be getting an advanced sale code like we are now, there just needs to be a warning in place when people buy these tickets. If someone does buy scalped tickets or ticket through a re-seller and opposition supporters end up in our section it would serve them right for not buying tickets through proper channels. They should still be ejected from the game, and they can take it up with whomever they bought the tickets from.

The family thing I wasn't concerned with grouping together, more so regarding complaints we constantly field from parents and those surrounding the group. There has been a problem at every game I have attended with the V's. There are families sitting near, or behind us with children who object to us standing, our behaviour, the language, or the questionable chants. After these tickets go on sale to the general public there is no warning to people about what they're getting themselves into.

All 3 WCQ's I have attended with the V's have also resulted in some major pushing and shoving happening due to testosterone, beer, and national pride. It's unavoidable unless you seperate the fans. I have seen a number of ejections both of our fans (Vancouver), and opposition fans (Edmonton). In all 3 games things could have easily gotten out of control and people could have been hurt.

Sam's Army has a great little warning section on their website about what to expect in their section. I think we should do the same.

http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=guidelines

Does anyone have any idea now how many tickets are sold for the match in total? The TFC season ticket holders have now had 1 1/2 days buy. It would really be interesting to see how many tickets are left come Monday morning when they go on sale for general admission.

^ I was told a figure for 1st 2 days of tickets sales. I won't post that figure quite yet because its not been confirmed but suffice to say there are still alot of tickets that need to be sold.

the club where I coach is going to order 250 tickets. We need more commitments like that from clubs to help ensure a full house.

I believe TFC needs to do another email blast to season ticket holders and people on the waiting list. The email that was sent Tuesday was laughable. The message was at the bottom of the email. I was looking for it and almost missed it until I reread the email a 2nd time.

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

I was secretly hoping that by Monday it would be sold out which would make it solidly Canadian supporters. I worry that when they go on sale on Monday, the first people to snap up tickets will mainly be Jamaican supporters.

This was my hope as well....more needs to be done to ensure tickets end up in CDN supporters hands.

I wish I had the room on my credit card to buy up 2000 tickets and then go club to club, selling 100 tickets to each. This is what I would have liked to see the OSA do before Sunday, when the OSA code expires.

News Flash:

The people at BMO have opened up the west side upper deck so there are now a bunch more seats at the lowest price point available for purchase. Sections 226 and 227 are available at the lowest price point and these sections have been allocated for Canadian supporters.

For some reason, Section 219 and 220 (which are also available at the lowest price point) are allocated for Jamaican support.

Lets flood those sections with ticket purchases to minimize their presence in the stadium. I'll work on getting 226 and 227 sold to community clubs. I just got 250 tickets in 226 for the club I'm a member of. That means 226 is now 1/2 full. 1 more purchase of 250 tickets and that section is full.

They have allocated alot of sections for the away supporters. 120, 121 and 122 are also allocated for away support. I know that some people have bought in 120...we need more.

News Flash:

The people at BMO have opened up the west side upper deck so there are now a bunch more seats at the lowest price point available for purchase. Sections 226 and 227 are available at the lowest price point and these sections have been allocated for Canadian supporters.

For some reason, Section 219 and 220 (which are also available at the lowest price point) are allocated for Jamaican support.

Lets flood those sections with ticket purchases to minimize their presence in the stadium. I'll work on getting 226 and 227 sold to community clubs. I just got 250 tickets in 226 for the club I'm a member of. That means 226 is now 1/2 full. 1 more purchase of 250 tickets and that section is full.

They have allocated alot of sections for the away supporters. 120, 121 and 122 are also allocated for away support. I know that some people have bought in 120...we need more.

Yesterday I tried to get seats in 116 where my season tickets are but was told by Ticketmaster that this section was unavailable.

I was able to get 15 seats in 115 but I'm concerned that 116 might not be opened until next week and that this section will be a weak spot in the south end.

quote:Originally posted by theaub

Or 116 is already sold out :o

i purchased 120 tickets in 116 on behalf of a local soccer club yesterday.

There were some wierd blocks placed on sections but now most blocks appear to be disappearing, including the blocks placed on the upper deck.

new update on ticket sales: projection is that sales will be north of 10K by Monday. All in all, not bad but we need to keep driving those numbers up.

Its imperative, especially for people in the GTA, to act as ambassadors for the sport and encourage people to come out and enjoy the experience. There are bound to be a lot of people in all of our circle of friends/acquaintances that would like to check out a game. Ask them/Invite them.

Archived