Atletico Ottawa - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Tabla signed as expected. Next signing is next Tuesday. Details from the article.

https://atleticoottawa.canpl.ca/article/dont-miss-a-minute-soccerlude-2024-schedule-announcements-events-and-features

image.png.c8988ef946b4f48582d8104d4f7f9331.pngIMG_0926.jpeg.554195fc18415465994a66166d5d6116.jpeg

CSA Black History (Retired): Lyndon Hooper! Alex Bunbury! Randy Samuel! Julian de Guzman!  Dwayne De Rosario!(?) Jason Bent! Patrice Bernier! Atiba Hutchinson! Kevin Holness! Carl Valentine! Carl Fletcher! Adrian Serioux! There are certainly other retired players who I do not recall. Any ideas other than from the current CMNT?

2 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

CSA Black History (Retired): Lyndon Hooper! Alex Bunbury! Randy Samuel! Julian de Guzman!  Dwayne De Rosario!(?) Jason Bent! Patrice Bernier! Atiba Hutchinson! Kevin Holness! Carl Valentine! Carl Fletcher! Adrian Serioux! There are certainly other retired players who I do not recall. Any ideas other than from the current CMNT?

Off the top of my head from who you didn't mentioned...Big dog Ali Gerba, Nana Attakora, Simeon Jackson, Tosaint Ricketts and Tam Nsaliwa.

It's funny that you put the question mark for Dero. His parents I think were Portuguese Guyanese and I know they wouldn't consider themselves "black". But I would guess Dero does, his wife and kids are.

I am actually genuinely excited with how the team is coming up. With Forge having lost some key pieces and seemingly done nearly as good a job as usual at replacing them Cavalry is probably favourite to win it all but IMO we are looking like the biggest threat to them.

Edited by phil03

10 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

Ottawa have made a couple really exciting signings in bringing back Tabla and adding Twardek. This could be a pretty explosive season for them.

Don't forget De Brienne. Ottawa are the winners of the off season so far.

On 2/2/2024 at 3:09 PM, jordan said:

Liberman Torres in on loan from Villarreal B

http://tinyurl.com/52dw3tr9

Didn’t play a ton in the lead up to this.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/liberman-torres/profil/spieler/819710

IMG_0990.jpeg.1a39fbb079ce1da0a47d64b951a08698.jpeg

They signed him just a year and a half ago out of Ecuador, for the B team, which still is the only B or reserve team in Spanish second division. In recent years, the only Bs that ever make 2nd division are Barça, Madrid, Bilbao, then usually drop immediately. So a demanding level. it is also expensive to maintain a B team in 2nd tier, and alters a bit the development at any club, as you are tempted to sign to stay up instead of developing.

It makes sense for him to look for a loan as a signing like that needs to play.

Funny think it was cousin of Lucas Dias here who commented that we underestimated how interesting the CPL u-21 rule was for players in Portugal and Spain, and now we get another from Spain.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist