Vancouver Whitecaps - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Adekugbe is already signed for next year.

I don't think Hoilett signs an extension at that price. I suspect that was simply about the max they could give him and with only 8 games to go he was willing to take it and renegotiate/search for another club in the winter.

I would certainly not take Laryea at that price.

I really doubt that Hoillet re-ups with the Caps.  With over half his matches on ariticial turf and then the travel over the course of a whole season, I think he will try to get back to England.  To me, he's a classic rent-a-gun pick up for the playoffs.

3 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

@Watchmen, your thoughts?

Not a fan of it being done before we see how the playoffs unfold. Last time they were in (2 years ago vs Kansas) they face planted and lost 3-0, were never in it, and Vanni was soundly out coached. This time, if he has them play well (even if they don't win) I could understand it. I wouldn't agree with it but I could understand it.  But if they're out coached again, now they're locked in for 2 more years.

"The brand essence is "epic battles for greatness", which symbolizes how difficult this competition is to qualify for, compete in, and win to be crowned Concacaf club champion."

Sure, for some nations. Keep in mind though that 25% of CPL teams qualified, over 30% of MLS teams qualified, and over 30% of LigaMX.

14 hours ago, RJB said:

"The brand essence is "epic battles for greatness", which symbolizes how difficult this competition is to qualify for, compete in, and win to be crowned Concacaf club champion."

Sure, for some nations. Keep in mind though that 25% of CPL teams qualified, over 30% of MLS teams qualified, and over 30% of LigaMX.

25% of teams in Spain's LaLiga qualified for Champions League, just saying.

35% are into European competition. 

It's proportional for the top leagues, maybe not for CPL.