York United - 2023 Season Thread

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38403548/everton-sold-us-private-equity-firm-777-partners-moshiri-premier-league

For whatever reason these guys don't have the best rep but they certainly now got a nice portfolio of teams. Can't help but think they'd be a good thing for the CPL. I like the fact that they dontvtry and co brand all their teams. To me that's so annoying 

Edited by SpursFlu

35 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

If I was 777 I could make York United more popular than TFC in Toronto within 7 years. Easy 

This club has been a shit show right from the start , situated in a hotbed of local Canadian talent they have not been able to tap into any of it, moreover, the coaches they have hired have been useless including the guy doing the colour commentating today on one One Soccer . They bring in a guy from across the country when I’m sure if they put a bit of effort into it they could have got a local coach for less money and who would have probably done a better job . This club should be a contender every year but unfortunately have been bottom feeders since it’s inception. I just wonder if they were actually good like a Forge or Cavalry haven been almost every season if attendance would have been better . York is definitely not an alternative to TFC they are just as useless!

28 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

This club has been a shit show right from the start , situated in a hotbed of local Canadian talent they have not been able to tap into any of it, moreover, the coaches they have hired have been useless including the guy doing the colour commentating today on one One Soccer . They bring in a guy from across the country when I’m sure if they put a bit of effort into it they could have got a local coach for less money and who would have probably done a better job . This club should be a contender every year but unfortunately have been bottom feeders since it’s inception. I just wonder if they were actually good like a Forge or Cavalry haven been almost every season if attendance would have been better . York is definitely not an alternative to TFC they are just as useless!

You're describing a perfect scenario 

yup suspensions of babouli and abatneh are finished...this is the game of the year in the regular season...winner will have a big advantage going into the final matchday and if it ends in a draw it will still be wide open on the final matchday...york and ottawa facing each other also means that halifax needs at most one single point over their last two games to have a playoff spot and might even be in even if they lose both...its basically a 90%+ chance that halifax is in and that theres one spot between york and ottawa

11 hours ago, Kent said:

So York United's 2023 season ended last night. Fingers crossed there is a 2024 season for this club. Or am I the only one being worried about that?

Either the club gets sold or the league holds on to it for the time being. I can't see the league vacant Toronto at this time

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Where did you see that?

Just speculating but if the land is already set aside for a soccer stadium, any group would be crazy not to make it happen. Where else in Toronto are you going to get this kind of valuable land within a future residential and entertainment district near transit and airport?

777 seems to be doing a good job at Genoa in Italy. They relegated the first year 777 was in charge, but bounced right back up and are currently sitting in 13th place after today's win. They seem to have invested well bringing in some experienced Serie A players. The enthusiasm has also returned in the city as the club has set their record for highest ever number of season tickets.

25 minutes ago, masster said:

777 seems to be doing a good job at Genoa in Italy. They relegated the first year 777 was in charge, but bounced right back up and are currently sitting in 13th place after today's win. They seem to have invested well bringing in some experienced Serie A players. The enthusiasm has also returned in the city as the club has set their record for highest ever number of season tickets.

There seems to be a lot of hate for this group for some reason.

Like are they any worse than the people who own City Football Group?

I think getting involved with the league would be worth it just from an airline perspective. Having 777 in the fold would be a big win for the league. I would think if they use their club portfolio to bring in supporters from other teams in a market like Toronto that could be a nice shot of energy for the club. Everton, Genoa, Vasco, Stadard Liege, Hertha BSC

Edited by SpursFlu