2022 Voyageurs Cup

On 5/12/2022 at 9:49 AM, Califax said:

So... big question that some of you fellow trivia nerds will immediately know

Is this the first meeting of Stephen Hart and Bob Bradley since "Atiba was onside?"

Cause if so, im bringing a banner. 

It's not. Canada and the U.S. met again in the Gold Cup in Detroit in 2011, and both men were still in their respective positions (Hart was technically in his second tenure after the Dale Mitchell debacle).

I was at both matches.

5 hours ago, RS said:

It's not. Canada and the U.S. met again in the Gold Cup in Detroit in 2011, and both men were still in their respective positions (Hart was technically in his second tenure after the Dale Mitchell debacle).

I was at both matches.

Oh right.Completely forgot about that one.

The Landon Donovan wheels on the bus chant is still a cherished memory. 

For what it's worth, although TSN as a whole ignores this competition at least early on, before the TFC game Wileman and Caldwell were talking about it. They showed some highlights from the games this past week, showed the schedule, Wileman talked about watching the games this past week and that all of the quarter finals are tasty match ups.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, Lurker said:

And do not forget Jacob was briefly a Wanderer almost a mere five years ago in 2018.

DjRuPfdWwAAMr0o?format=jpg&name=large

Jacob Shaffelburg celebrates the winning goal during penalty kicks over Fortuna DüsseldorfU21in front of a large crowd during exhibition play at the Wanderers Grounds.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Can anyone tell me of these games are on Fubo (rather than OS)?   

I'm not sure I understand the question.

The games are on OneSoccer which is available on Fubo. So yes, you can find them on Fubo.

10 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Ah ok. I though Fubo only showed some of the OS content.  Didn’t realize it had everything.  

Did you sign up for Fubo?

I've been thinking of doing the 1-year subscription but was going to join on Aug. 1.

Currently doing One Soccer on a monthly subscription until than.

I just hope Fubo doesn't raise their rate before than. Currently $150 for the year. Good value with Serie A + EPL + BeIn.

5 hours ago, narduch said:

I just hope Fubo doesn't raise their rate before than. Currently $150 for the year. Good value with Serie A + EPL + BeIn.

They did raise their rates from $100 to $150 shortly after the EPL announcement (in February?). I doubt they'd be raising them again this year.

17 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Ah ok. I though Fubo only showed some of the OS content.  Didn’t realize it had everything.  

Sorry...to be clear, Fubo has the OS 24 hour live channel (just like what you would get if you subscribed through your Telus cable). Since none of the 4 V's Cup matches next week overlap, they will all be on the 24 hour channel, and therefore available on Fubo.

When OS has simultaneous content (WCQ or CCL), Fubo would only give you access to whatever OS has on their live channel, not their secondary streams.

20 minutes ago, masster said:

Sorry...to be clear, Fubo has the OS 24 hour live channel (just like what you would get if you subscribed through your Telus cable). Since none of the 4 V's Cup matches next week overlap, they will all be on the 24 hour channel, and therefore available on Fubo.

When OS has simultaneous content (WCQ or CCL), Fubo would only give you access to whatever OS has on their live channel, not their secondary streams.

Thanks for clarifying.  Still seems like better value for $$ than just the OS channel. 

7 hours ago, narduch said:

Did you sign up for Fubo?

I've been thinking of doing the 1-year subscription but was going to join on Aug. 1.

Currently doing One Soccer on a monthly subscription until than.

Never did but plan to soon.  Just trying to figure out the best option   

On 5/17/2022 at 6:26 AM, narduch said:

When they first announced they'd won the EPL rights, Fubo was at $100 for the year.  I noticed that about a month or two later they'd raised it to $150.  So I don't think you have to worry about any further rate increase this year.

I don't go to mlssoccer.com nearly as much as I used to, so maybe this isn't new, but I was surprised to see an all CPL Voyageurs Cup match listed on their homepage where they show all the upcoming MLS and national team games.

image.png.5da79a22bea04840621314928dedcc3f.png

I don't remember ever seeing that. Usually it's games involving MLS teams, CMNT, USMNT, Mexican national team, CCL games (can't remember if they ever show non MLS/Liga MX games), and maybe Gold Cup games that don't involve the 3 aforementioned national teams. Unfortunately all the US Open Cup games this round include at least one MLS teams, so I can't see if they would do the same for the US Open Cup or not.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:50 AM, Kent said:

I don't go to mlssoccer.com nearly as much as I used to, so maybe this isn't new, but I was surprised to see an all CPL Voyageurs Cup match listed on their homepage where they show all the upcoming MLS and national team games.

image.png.5da79a22bea04840621314928dedcc3f.png

I don't remember ever seeing that. Usually it's games involving MLS teams, CMNT, USMNT, Mexican national team, CCL games (can't remember if they ever show non MLS/Liga MX games), and maybe Gold Cup games that don't involve the 3 aforementioned national teams. Unfortunately all the US Open Cup games this round include at least one MLS teams, so I can't see if they would do the same for the US Open Cup or not.

And now today mlssoccer.com's home page doesn't have the usual scores along the top of the page. They have a special spot for US Open Cup games, and no Canadian Championship games shown. So much for the mini progress of yesterday.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

And now today mlssoccer.com's home page doesn't have the usual scores along the top of the page. They have a special spot for US Open Cup games, and no Canadian Championship games shown. So much for the mini progress of yesterday.

Still listed under Scores and Schedules:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule/scores#competition=all&club=all&date=2022-05-24

The only away teams to win so far.

HFX over Guelph
TFC over HFX
Vancouver over Cavalry
York over Atletico
York over Pacific

If York beats Vancouver and TFC beats Montreal, York would have half of the away wins in the tournament. Those are both big ifs though, since they will both be underdogs, even without considering the home field advantage.