2022 Voyageurs Cup

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

They drew all the home matches so there won't be any bitching this year.

CS Mont-Royal have opted to not host.

Guelph will get to host HFX.

Having all the home matches is great as you say, it keeps a lot of the bs some have called out in the past. Nice to see it all in the open even as TFC supporter. Going to have to go on the road for the Reds, 

7 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

HFX hosting TFC would make my year... if only the game was a month later and we could have Insigne at the wanderers grounds😂

A lot to like about this draw. My only question is did there not use to be home and away fixtures in the CanChamp or did I dream that? For some some reason I thought that was a thing

It's a thing in the past. 

But going forward it will be 1 leg - very similar to FA Cup. 

Basically its schedule congestion:

2022 - World Cup so have to wrap up the season earlier. 

2023 - Introduction of expanded Leagues Cup (All teams in MLS and LIGAMX) so one month tournament. 

Edited by Jedi Ram

7 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

It's a thing in the past. 

But going forward it will be 1 leg - very similar to FA Cup. 

Basically its schedule congestion:

2022 - World Cup so have to wrap up the season earlier. 

2023 - Introduction of expanded Leagues Cup (All teams in MLS and LIGAMX) so one month tournament. 

As this tournament expands single game knock-outs only made sense. I can see this being a 16 team tournament in 2023 with the addition of the BCL1 champion plus two other entries being added. The 15th and 16th teams would either because of CPL expansion or a few more D3 entries. 

Three matches deep before Valour get a home date?  Damn.  Actually the 'Caps were my prefered draw even if it will be a tough ask.  

Busy month of May for Valour. 

Wanderers have to be happy getting a home gate against TFC.  Might be a totally different looking TFC by then, but then again maybe not.   

How much fun would it be if Outremont can upset Forge?  A LOT.

4 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Three matches deep before Valour get a home date?  Damn.  Actually the 'Caps were my prefered draw even if it will be a tough ask.  

Wanderers have to be happy getting a home gate against TFC.  Might be a totally different looking TFC by then, but then again maybe not.   

Valour would host the next round if they defeat Whitecaps 

5 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Guelph also must have the same feelings, the chance to host TFC, that would be nuts. 

11 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Which teams have had the opportunity to host an MLS team since 2019?

Pacific, HFX and Forge last year.

2019 was 2 legs. Cavalry hosted both Vancouver and Montreal. York 9 hosted Montreal 

Edited by narduch