Ibra Higazy

This kids instagram popped into my recommended images out of the blue, not sure what this says about me and how I use my instagram... Just signed for Rayo Vallecano Cadete A's. No idea what this means, not even sure if he deserves his own thread, so maybe @Unnamed Trialist can give better insight. He's got Egyptian, Canadian, English, and Spanish flags in that order.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXwiTzxMSjw/

52 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

This kids instagram popped into my recommended images out of the blue, not sure what this says about me and how I use my instagram... Just signed for Rayo Vallecano Cadete A's. No idea what this means, not even sure if he deserves his own thread, so maybe @Unnamed Trialist can give better insight. He's got Egyptian, Canadian, English, and Spanish flags in that order.

Good find! Seems to be a 2006 born left winger based on this post presumably from a family member. Born in Ottawa and according to this he is with the Egyptian u17 team. capt.PNG.e51d5466bf7024a441e4bbd0445354b3.PNG

13 minutes ago, Tyler55 said:

Good find! Seems to be a 2006 born left winger based on this post presumably from a family member. Born in Ottawa and according to this he is with the Egyptian u17 team. capt.PNG.e51d5466bf7024a441e4bbd0445354b3.PNG

Okay glad to know there's some legitimacy to it. Do we have a team for the U17s? Wonder if we could poach him haha

Seems like we need someone to join this Egyptians Abroad group... wonder if there are any more finds in there. Any Arabic speakers on this group up to the task??

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

17 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Okay glad to know there's some legitimacy to it. Do we have a team for the U17s? Wonder if we could poach him haha

Seems like we need someone to join this Egyptians Abroad group... wonder if there are any more finds in there. Any Arabic speakers on this group up to the task??

Our U17s are dormant at the moment.

So he's a Cadete, that is u-17 as said. He has not moved into their u19s yet. So a bit early to say.

I see he's been training in Spain since last summer. His physio-trainer is based in the Madrid area

Also: Rayo does not usually have one of the better academies of the La Liga teams. In fact, they actually do not treat their academies, or the women, very well, this has been in the news lately. That said, they are in the new Cadete A Superliga in Madrid, and tied for first, so it must be a strong group of kids.

https://www.rffm.es/competiciones/clasificaciones?season=17&type=1&grouping=1&competition=13570396&group=13731091&round=

I'd rate where Koleosho is as far higher level. Pepple was at a far higher level. Cantave was at a higher level.

All the best to him.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

He's got Egyptian, Canadian, English, and Spanish flags in that order.

I think having 4 nations to choose from will be the norm for kids born in 2005 and on? Especially if you are born in multicultural cities like GTA, London, Paris etc.

5 hours ago, devioustrevor said:

Him being born in Ottawa gives me a moments hesitation.

What do we know of his parents?  Were they in Ottawa working for the Egyptian embassy?  Because if so, he may not actually be a Canadian citizen, or even eligible if his parents are citizens.

If he wasn't born at the embassy he'd have a passport. Also that's a big assumption.

6 hours ago, devioustrevor said:

What do we know of his parents?  Were they in Ottawa working for the Egyptian embassy?  Because if so, he may not actually be a Canadian citizen, or even eligible if his parents are citizens.

Strange place for your mind to jump to... anyways here's his dad's post on him signing the other day with a little snippet of the kid on CTV Ottawa, so considering both he and his dad say he's born in Canada I'd say that's good enough for me and you

image.png.679b4aa09a9b4b162d8540b38d118170.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXw7kHEIUBB/

3 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Strange place for your mind to jump to... anyways here's his dad's post on him signing the other day with a little snippet of the kid on CTV Ottawa, so considering both he and his dad say he's born in Canada I'd say that's good enough for me and you

image.png.679b4aa09a9b4b162d8540b38d118170.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXw7kHEIUBB/

So it is good they have a Canadian identity. 

Dad, typical, does not mention that they are tied for #1 in the u-16 league, in Madrid, and that there are 16 other u-16 leagues across Spain, one for every region.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Man 2006… looks like Atletico Ottawa wasn’t able to find him… and he’s in their backyard.

Or maybe this 16 year old kid isn't good enough to play for Atletico Ottawa yet? It's not like they have a youth system for him to play in (that I am aware of) so I'm not sure you can count this as a player getting away. Especially if none of us have seen him play yet.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Or maybe this 16 year old kid isn't good enough to play for Atletico Ottawa yet? It's not like they have a youth system for him to play in (that I am aware of) so I'm not sure you can count this as a player getting away. Especially if none of us have seen him play yet.

According to the Father's post above they moved to Spain 5 yrs ago

On 1/2/2022 at 4:02 AM, devioustrevor said:

I had a number of Egyptian friends in Ottawa back when I lived there, mostly working at one of the two universities.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Atlantic said:

He has a younger brother with Getafe as well but too early to start paying attention to him yet 

First name?

Latest Instagram shows he's doing light training and has the cast off.

He was a Cadete or U-16 last year, and was brought up into the Juvenil B or maybe C, first of three years eligibility for U19.

Another poster has pointed out to me that his brother is younger...in any case, until recently, Ibra was at Las Rozas, and his brother was at Rayo Majadahonda, and both have moved up into higher level clubs, so there's an upward curve there.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist