All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

Got Cat3 tix for Brazil/Serbia, England/USA, Netherlands/Qatar, Portugal/South Korea and 1A/2B.

If anyone got the same and wants to try to sit together DM me and we can figure out how the group code thing works.

Edited by theaub

2 hours ago, theaub said:

Got Cat3 tix for Brazil/Serbia, England/USA, Netherlands/Qatar, Portugal/South Korea and 1A/2B.

If anyone got the same and wants to try to sit together DM me and we can figure out how the group code thing works.

Wait...how did you get Brazil vs Serbia? And England USA ? 

It was not available at noon...did it become available in afternoon?

47 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Now exactly 12 hrs later from when I logged in early this morning.  Here is where i am at.    Madness, I tell you!

image.png.04338ca1faa5e9bd021a9f9d058e0d39.png

wow i was six hours though got in and yes got them for all three games!! sooo freaking stressful as i bought the airline tickets back in January!!

just got in and got out.  I was hoping to tickets for two games for the cheapest available.   But there was vitually nothing left for the days that I will be there.   I was only able to snag Uru-Kor.  But I paid more than i wanted to so I only picked one game.     if anyone is still waiting in the queue, good luck

Edited by Free kick

After 12 hours I got Cat2 Ecuador - Senegal, and Cat3 Ghana - Uruguay. Debated getting Australia - Denmark as there was both Cat2 and Cat3 available but I figured I've spent enough money. Goodluck to those in the queue!

This was discussed months back with @TGAA_Starand a few other dual fans of Ghana on this board. Turns out Iñaki Williams has decided to represent Ghana at the World Cup. The Athletic Club Bilbao striker, who last played for Spain in 2016, has decided he will do a switch, and the Ghana federation has agreed that if he is healthy and on form he will go to the WC with them. 

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/articles/cn043lnv1p2o

His younger brother Nico, who could still be u-21, has made no decision. 

Iñaki was born to Ghanian parents in Bilbao, he has just under a hundred pro goals in under 400 matches. He's not a killer striker, in spite of great physical qualities, but he's experienced and a tough guy to mark.

Voyageurs Shared Accommodation Sheet Updates

If you have found the sheet useful, thank you for making @maplebanana's work worthwhile.

There is a "Last Minute Booking Advice" tab with some suggestions for those still looking for a place. While new places are still being added, availability for November dates is close to zero. New places get fully booked within 24 hours (or less). So if you don't have a place...I'd recommend getting organized.

If you haven't updated your information in the sheet - showing that you've found a room, or you've stopped looking - please ensure that your current status is accurate. If you've found a place, make a note in the Booked Accommodation section. Or if you've stopped looking, remove your name.

If you're still looking, remember that you are responsible for directly contacting other people listed. There's no Tinder engine in the background. 🙂

There are some new tabs to share information - completely optional. If you're looking for additional tickets, specifically tickets for Canada matches, or if you have tickets you would like others to use, there is a Ticket Exchange tab. It's not to discuss swapping tickets, it's definitely not for scalping, and it's absolutely not to ask for Argentina-Mexico tickets. Just a "For Sale" or "Wanted" post - you can discuss in PM.

If you are going to non-Canada matches and would like to sit beside other Voyageurs, or perhaps meet up before/at/after the match, you can enter your match info. Three tabs - Cat 1/2/3 - to allow people to use their Group ID to sit beside others.

I'm curious as to why Arg-Mex has been mentioned so many times? And all Arg games in general? Is this demand specific to Canadians or WC-goers in general? 

Getting the Can games were my priority then Eng + Brazil. Is it just basically just bc of Messi? I'm so curious (Arg seems random to me!)

42 minutes ago, Going2Qatar said:

I'm curious as to why Arg-Mex has been mentioned so many times? And all Arg games in general? Is this demand specific to Canadians or WC-goers in general? 

Getting the Can games were my priority then Eng + Brazil. Is it just basically just bc of Messi? I'm so curious (Arg seems random to me!)

Potentially Messi’s last World Cup & Arg opportunity to win it all too. 
Arg-Mex: lots of World Cup history, Arg-Pol: Messi-Goal-andowski match up

On 7/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, Going2Qatar said:

Argentina games always have the best crowds. Crazy and numerous. 

Check out this game from 2018: 

On 7/6/2022 at 1:45 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

This was discussed months back with @TGAA_Starand a few other dual fans of Ghana on this board. Turns out Iñaki Williams has decided to represent Ghana at the World Cup. The Athletic Club Bilbao striker, who last played for Spain in 2016, has decided he will do a switch, and the Ghana federation has agreed that if he is healthy and on form he will go to the WC with them. 

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/articles/cn043lnv1p2o

His younger brother Nico, who could still be u-21, has made no decision. 

Iñaki was born to Ghanian parents in Bilbao, he has just under a hundred pro goals in under 400 matches. He's not a killer striker, in spite of great physical qualities, but he's experienced and a tough guy to mark.

I personally love it

On 7/5/2022 at 4:15 AM, Cadeau said:

I dont like how the ticketing process makes me feel insecure. I got Canada vs Belgium and Croatia cat 2 tickets. I paid for them and yet I cant see til September? Like I cant see the transaction  (other than my credit card bill)....And now the email yesterday stating the sale and it says,

"You previously applied for but unfortunately did not receive Supporter and/or Conditional Supporter Tickets. In the new first-come, first served sales phase starting tomorrow, you will have another chance to secure tickets for matches played by your national team! "

Should I be worried? Anybody else get this?

In case anyone else is in the same position. Ticket confirmation shows up fine on Windows, turns out it didn't render on Linux. So its all good.

There are tickets available for second round match ups. I snagged a pair for these two games..

(actually 3 games)

Friday (dec. 2nd) Cameroon-Brazil

Saturday 1A vs 2B

Sunday 1B vs 2A

All cat 1 available 

(now 4 games)

Added France-Australia on Tuesday the 22nd

If Canada gets out of the group stage I’m up to 13 games now. The more I think about it, it’s almost stupid not to load up on games. We’ll never get an opportunity like this to attend so many games. I understand, everyone has their financial limitations and responsibilities, but what an opportunity 

Edited by EJsens1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Rvd54 said:

Hello Guyz. I have France vs Denmark and Canada vs Croatia. I don't see any hotels available. They are in construction it says. Normal?

Yes, this is completely normal. Accommodations will be the hardest thing to arrange. Please have a look at the Qatar accommodations site (must be booked through that site, not hotels.com or the like) for your dates. You may be stuck with fan villages.

Alternatively, we are trying to see if there any people we can align schedules and share apartments with here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wvwVxCR-OaW-rJwSlwBrASuKP0Tjzz_JyLUp23aKDVY/edit#gid=0

We have already been successful in pairing up multiple V's to book apartments together.

On 8/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, maplebanana said:

Yes, this is completely normal. Accommodations will be the hardest thing to arrange. Please have a look at the Qatar accommodations site (must be booked through that site, not hotels.com or the like) for your dates. You may be stuck with fan villages.

Alternatively, we are trying to see if there any people we can align schedules and share apartments with here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wvwVxCR-OaW-rJwSlwBrASuKP0Tjzz_JyLUp23aKDVY/edit#gid=0

We have already been successful in pairing up multiple V's to book apartments together.

Thanks. I was lucky Enough to get a studio that just showed up tonight for around 100$ night. Private bedroom and bathroom. Juste shared microwave with 1 more room thats it