All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

Canada Soccer outlook: Key players to watch during the 2022-23 European season
Peter Galindo mlssoccer.com August 4, 2022

The migration of multiple Canadian players to Europe over the past two years played a heavy hand in the national team’s qualification for the 2022 World Cup, the country’s first men’s World Cup appearance in 36 years.

Now with a winter tournament smack-dab in the middle of the new European season, players have three months to make or break their cases to crack the final roster.

Some Canadians abroad are solidified, if not virtual locks, for the 26-man squad. However, a handful are on the precipice and a strong spell to begin the campaign could lead to a trip to Qatar in November.

Here’s what you need to know about Canadians playing in Europe this season.

Rest of article here

I noticed that the Fan Village Cabins at the Ras Bu Fontas location are now being advertised as 3 STAR and the name is changed to Fan Village Cabins Free Zone. The address and price is the same as my 2 STAR booking that I made in June.

I sent a message to Accommodations Contact to enquire.

Anyone else have any info rereading this? 

4 hours ago, umpiredice said:

Is anyone else seeing dozens of tickets on the resale portal for some matches, i.e., France vs. Denmark (40+ tickets), but no matter which ticket you click on it says "Unfortunately the item you have selected is no longer available"?

Or is it just me?

Yes it was screwed up for everyone. It was shut down this morning for maintenance. 

26 minutes ago, Rvd54 said:

Hello, I received an email saying my hayya card was approved and i dont have nothing to do anymore. However I dont see it juste yet. I guess they will make it available later on?

The Hayya app was just updated. The digital versions are in there. 

22 minutes ago, sstackho said:

Anyone who bought Canada tickets who isn’t planning to go to Qatar and looking to sell?  Asking for a friend.  No idea how ticket transfers work for Qatar.  

Not anyone I know however on the FIFA resale site there are tickets available for all 3 games if your friend goes through the FIFA website inscription

I got an email offering a printed version of the Hayya card.   But if I have had the Hayya card (for several months now) and its already approved and I see the bar code for it inside my phone app for Qatar 2022,  is there any reason or advantage in asking for physical hard copy version of the Hayya card?  Does anyone know?  

Why would they be offering or proposing this if everything else is digital?  

Edited by Free kick

4 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I got an email offering a printed version of the Hayya card.   But if I have had the Hayya card (for several months now) and its already approved and I see the bar code for it inside my phone app for Qatar 2022,  is there any reason or advantage in asking for physical hard copy version of the Hayya card?  Does anyone know?  

Maybe back up for if your phone dies?

3 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I got an email offering a printed version of the Hayya card.   But if I have had the Hayya card (for several months now) and its already approved and I see the bar code for it inside my phone app,  is there any reason or advantage in asking for physical hard copy version of the Hayya card?  Does anyone know?  

User preferences are different. And if our smart phones are low on juice, it’s a great back up to have.

Ok, that sounds reasonable.  But if your phone dies,  your are pretty much SOL :) because you cant access you tickets either....   If they are offering you the option to mail you hard copies for the Hayya card,  then you gotta figure that they should doing the same for game tickets.  

Edited by Free kick

13 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Ok, that sounds reasonable.  But if your phone dies,  your are pretty much SOL :) because you cant access you tickets either....   If they are offering you the option of hard copies for the Hayya card,  then you gotta figure that they should doing the same for game tickets.  

Unless on their end they swipe our card & digitally see our tix & we show our passport to confirm identification.

2 hours ago, An Observer said:

I think you will need the Hayya card to access fan parks, etc as well as get access to the country so you won’t need to take your phone with you everywhere you go if you have the card. I am not going to bother as I do take my phone everywhere 

Now that you mention it, Yes, I think that what it is.  To access the country.   I am sure customs officials (ie.: at the airport) don't want to be overburdened with dealing with ppl holding up the lines cause they are fiddling with their phones.  If more people have physical copies, the lines to get into the country are more manageable and quicker.  

I am sure that their thinking is that if we run into these issues with our phone trying to get into the stadium or elsewhere, then its our problem, not theirs.  But at the airport,  then it becomes their problem.

Edited by Free kick

Just checked the ticket site since today is the last day for the first come, first served portion of sales phase 2, and I'm surprised there are still Category 1 and 2 tickets for all of our group stage matches. There are even Category 3 tickets for the Morocco match. There are all kinds of resale tickets. 23 pages of resale ticket listings just for the Canada/Belgium match alone.

The only time I tried to get tickets was the very first random selection draw way back when. After that was unsuccessful and the hotel situation was what it was, I figured I'd save the money and put it toward 2026 instead.

Hindsight being what it is on ticket sales, I'm surprised that even in mid-August, you could still get a Category 1 ticket to our 3 group stage matches if you wanted to. I thought they'd be gone by the end of this second sales phase. I hope everyone who is going has an excellent time!

FIFA says 2.45 million out of 3 million available tickets are now sold.

521k were sold in the most recent phase. Next phase to be announced in late September. The biggest demand was for Brasil v Cameroon & Serbia, Portugal v Uruguay, Costa Rica v Germany and Australia v Denmark.

Overall, by country of residence, Qatar, USA, England, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, UAE, France, Argentina, Brazil and Germany lead. In the most recent phase, Wales & Australia were the new entrants in the top 10.

https://www.qatar2022.qa/en/news/fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-ticket-sales-reach-2-45-million

Edited by red card

Now that most of us have most of our match tickets, you can choose to sit beside your fellow Voyageurs.

Visit the spreadsheet link and look for tabs called Matches - Cat1 (or 2 & 3). If there's a GroupID listed for your match and ticket category, feel free to enter it on the FIFA ticket portal. If there isn't, add your initials and your GroupID so others can choose to sit beside you.

We don't know when seats will be assigned, so best to enter your Group IDs soon. If you entered your ticket info previously, check the sheet to see if a GroupID number has been added for your match.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wvwVxCR-OaW-rJwSlwBrASuKP0Tjzz_JyLUp23aKDVY/edit#gid=1643283640

3 hours ago, Joe1973 said:

I just went in to look and does not seem to allow to enter group ID. Anyone else having success?

I haven’t tried yet tonight.  But i would like to know as well how to enter or modify a ticket id on the ticket portal.  I have been looking for this since day one when the portal was setup but I cannot find it

Edited by Free kick

15 hours ago, Joe1973 said:

It seems to be either temporarily blocked or closed and can't do it anymore. Will need to keep monitoring.

Yeah they close access to your ticket account when there isn’t a sale happening. It’s perplexing. The next sales phase is late September. Pretty sure it will stay open from that point until the end of the tournament